Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AdamO Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 04:40 AM
    Losing Partial Power to house.
    I keep losing power to several rooms, appliances in my house. The power goes out, doesn't trip any breakers, then in 1-2 hours, it comes back on. It seems to be several circuits effected, not just one, but I'm at a loss as to what might be causing this. I have tested the power coming into the hosue and it's steady, so I believe it's something in the house. Any idea's?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2007, 04:53 AM
    HOw old are the circuit breakers?

They will become leak over time.
    AdamO Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 04:54 AM
    It's a modular house, new in 1998. What is the life expectancy of breakers?
    Thanks
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2007, 04:59 AM
    Have a electrician check the breakers, I had the 1998 double wide that did just that, there was one breaker that when it got hot shut off the power and never tripped. I replaced it and no more problem.

Cutter-Hammer breaker
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2007, 05:03 AM
    Since this sounds as if multiple circuits are being affected,the problem may be more than one branch circuit breaker.

The problem maybe a defective Main breaker or a connection at the Main breaker, or any connection in the meter utility pole, transformer, or at the point the utility wires connect to your wires.

Even possible there is a defective or broken connection in the panel.

Best to have an electrician and the utility company visit at the same time so that all these connections can be checked at the same time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car won't start, no click and no power to radio, power window or locks [ 6 Answers ]

After installing a new starter on a 1999 2WD Explorer it will not start. There is no click when trying to start it, its just dead, and the radio, power locks/windows, a/c, and dash light don't work but the interior lights work and so do the headlights. We've had the starter checked to make sure...

Partial power outage [ 3 Answers ]

At Any Given Time The Power Will Go Out Only In The Living Room (outlets, Fans, Lights Etc.) And Also A Couple Of The Outlets In The Kitchen That Include The Refrigerator, Stove And 2 Add'l Outlets, All Others Work. Also The Ac Goes Out. The Rest Of The House Works. We Have A Devise That...

Power goes out in part of house w/out tripping breaker Part 2 [ 2 Answers ]

How would I use a voltage tester? Would I go from outlet to outlet measuring the voltage? I've gone around the house and tightened outlets and opened the panel and tightened the screws that were not tight. I haven't seen the lights dim since I tightened everything. Thanks a lot! Gbrown

Power in part of house goes dead w/out triping breaker [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, great site, use it more than I thought I would. Question: The electricity in part of my house will go dead without tripping the breaker for those rooms and then will come back on within 30-60sec by itself, lights have been dimming as if a dip in voltage has occurred. Thanks Gbrown

Partial Inheritance [ 3 Answers ]

I am the personal rep for my fathers estate. I heard that I can make an early partial distribution of inheritance as long as I have it documented and obtain reciepts from the beneficiaries. It would amount to half of the estimated estate value. The balance would come with the sale of the house...

View more questions Search