Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbtas52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2012, 05:54 AM
    Dog licking and biting in back legs and her butt
    My dog has been treated for pollen allergies. We are at the end of Dec. and she should be better after a solid freeze which we have had already but she continues to have the problem. Our Vet empties her anal glands every 6 weeks so what do you think is the problem?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2012, 09:45 AM
    She could have an infection in her anal glands.

I'm not sure where you are, but winter really hasn't been full blown and things could still be bothering her.

Do a process of elimination. Get her anal glands expressed and see if they are infected or if the problem goes away due to them being expressed. If that doesn't stop her itches, than try an antihistamine. See if that helps.

If this is a dog that gets clipped and groomed, check for razor burn or any redness. Part the hair and really look. Try applying a cortizone cream to her area and see if that helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog has an ithcy and red butt and keeps on licking himself [ 0 Answers ]

My dogs butt is itchy and red and he keeps on licking himself

Dog biting butt [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is bitting his butt n there's no fleas what's up ?

My dog is licking her back side more often than normal, why? [ 4 Answers ]

I took her to the vet week before last because she wasn't feeling well. The vet put her on metronidazole for diarehea and upset stomach. She said not to worry. I was feeding her rice and boiled hamburger, then slowly started her back on her dog food. Now she is just as she was before. I also...

Licking off hair on legs and belly [ 0 Answers ]

My female cat has started licking off her hair on legs and her belly. She didn't have any stress, eats like always, everything is the same. Vet gave her amitriptyline (it says so), doesn't want to eat it but I help her with it. But she still licks her legs. And one more thing maybe u can help me...

My dog can't used her back legs [ 2 Answers ]

We live in Hawaii. My dog is in an enclosed back yard and was perfectly fine. This past Sunday we noticed that she can't use her back legs at all. She can wag her tail but can't walk on her hind legs. It is just like she is paralyzed. She just drags herself around on her front legs. She seems...

View more questions Search