Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bug sufferer Posts: 49, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2012, 08:14 PM
    Mystery bugs
    Been itching for weeks. Getting black specks sometimes white or clear dots and small looking bits of tobacco which obviously aren't tobacco. The black specks are the bugs I believe some are almost impossible to see whereas others are a little larger but still not big enough to make out what they are. I'm extremely sensitive whereas my partner says I'm being paranoid. (I'M NOT!) Changed bed sheets we both bath everyday what are they?? They're not headlice I know what they look like these are much harder to find and get rid of whatever they are! They aren't 'animal' fleas they're too small for that. We have no pets, but around the time this started I had a friend round who works with horses and has a pet cat maybe just coincidence? Help me please!

Dec 14, 2012, 08:30 PM
    Can I just add as well this is having a really negative impact on my whole life my daughter whose 4 lives with her father and I'm not even having her here at weekends now because I'm worried whatever they are she'll catch and take to back to her father's I am still seeing her but don't even have cuddles now in case she gets them. :-( Its having a knock on effect on my whole life.

Dec 15, 2012, 09:21 PM
    Can anyone offer any suggestions please? :-(
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 15, 2012, 09:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bug sufferer View Post
    Can anyone offer any suggestions please?? :-(
    Can you take a sample to an exterminator?

Dec 15, 2012, 09:47 PM
    I don't think so. I think it would be too expensive I'm off sick, my partner works 6 days a week but were broke especially with christmas coming up. X

Dec 15, 2012, 09:49 PM
    And not sure if its more of a skin complaint rather than an extermination issue it might be but clueless either way. X

Dec 15, 2012, 09:51 PM
    If we do pay for an exterminator we want to be sure it's a pest control issue first. X
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 15, 2012, 09:51 PM
    What about a university. Is there one near you?

Dec 15, 2012, 09:53 PM
    I really don't know what to do I was going to have my daughters at my mothers bt she'd worried if it scabies someone will catch it. X

Dec 15, 2012, 09:54 PM
    The above I was referring to xmas. X

Dec 15, 2012, 09:55 PM
    Umm, not a university as such bu there is a college. X

Dec 15, 2012, 09:57 PM
    Another issue is I have hardly any bites even though I itch all the time as I don't have a rash my docter doesn't want to treat me! X
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

If there is a biology department, one of the professors might be willing to look at this for free. Call over there.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Where do you live?

Dec 15, 2012, 10:01 PM
    Umm, not a university as such bu there is a college. X

Dec 15, 2012, 10:04 PM
    Well anything is worth a shot I live down the same road, I'll take them in. I hope they don't think I'm crazy lol. I've got a few of the small seedy/ tobacco looking 'shell' things in a little container already. X

Dec 15, 2012, 10:05 PM
    I just don't understand it I looked everywhere on the net for itching bugs that leave these and couldn't find any that matched the description! :-( x
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 15, 2012, 10:06 PM
    You must not want to do something about this because you are willing to not have your daughter in your home or cuddle with her. That's not good at all! Take the bugs to a college or an exterminator. Isn't your relationship with her important to you?

Dec 15, 2012, 10:16 PM
    I would be selfish and stupid to give my daughter scabies if I have them or bed bugs. I don't know if you have kids but to me they come before my own wants. I cannot afford an exterminator with xmas a couple of weeks away

Dec 15, 2012, 10:17 PM
    There is a line between being rude and giving criticsm. To say I don't love my daughter is sick. I lost my 5 month old son a week ago. You should think about how you say things

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mystery [ 3 Answers ]

We have what looks a lot like a T675 single lever rotating shower valve, fairly old. We're having problems with water pressure when we turn it to hot, and are trying to remove the valve to fix it, but can not get it off! We see a small hole underneath the valve but no screw or anything. What...

Mystery [ 0 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a movie. About a college age photography student a boy whose family is wealthy. He falls in love with a mysterious but pretty girl. Who turns out to be a fugitive thief who tries stealing millions in money. At the end an FBI Agent or U.S. Marshall is questioning the guy about...

Mystery 3/25/09 [ 7 Answers ]

Mystery bug [ 4 Answers ]

We have a bug that keeps showing up. I have searched bug sites but I cannot figure out what it is, or where they are coming from, or how to get rid of them They are 6 legged, cream/tan, with antenna. They are about a 1/2 inch long and usually just sit on the wall or ceiling, but they can go pretty...

View more questions Search