Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Turby Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 02:54 AM
    What's happening
    Hello Me and my boyfriend have been together for a year and 1 month now and we have been trying FOREVER and there is noway that I can get pregnant and I'm starting to think that there is something really wrong with me I have friends that are getting pregnant no problem and I can't seem to get pregnant at all I have been trying for about 10 months now and still there is NOTHING I'm getting so mad I told me Boyfriend maybe its because he is shooting blanks but he has done it inside of me so many times and we still get nothing just a few days ago I though I was pregnant and I took a test and there was nothing I have took about 8 or 9 tests now and they all tell me the same thing and I now have my period I don't know what to do I have went to the doctors and they looked at me and I even went for a ultarsound and they looked at me and told me that I was fine and there is nothing wrong with my insides but I sit here and wonder if there is nothing wrong with my insides then why am I not getting pregnant guys I have tried EVERYTHING and have asked so many people about it and all I get is maybe there is something wrong with your insides but there isn't can some one please help me and tell me what you guys think?

Thank you :(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 15, 2007, 04:01 AM
    It is possible that you may be trying too hard. As silly as it sounds, it happens to many many people. And the people who usually quit trying end up getting pregnant as soon as they quit trying. You also should know your ovulation cycles. We can't get pregnant if we are not ovulating.

It is also possible that your man may have a low sperm count. If your doctors give you the go ahead, and tell you that everything with you is fine, it is possible that they problem may be with him.
    Lacey19 Posts: 193, Reputation: 9

Mar 15, 2007, 04:08 AM
    Me and my partner tried for 15 months and nothing. We got tot the stage where we thought that there was something wrong with either me or him. But it turned out there wasn't I am now nearly 6 weeks pregnant. Im sorry to say its just a waiting game but you will get there. I found the more I stressed about the less likely I was of becoming pregnant. Just enjoy love making an be stress free I bet you will see a change and will end up falling pregnant.

Good luck
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Ten months seems like a long time when you really want something, but it does take most healthy couples at least 12 months to conceive on their own. I got pregnant right away with my first son, but with my second son, it took us a year. I think that your stress levels are playing a big part in this. And your boyfriends. Its important to remember, that no matter how hard you want to get pregnant, you need to be considerate of each other's feelings. Since you have already been checked out, there is probably a lot of pressure on your boyfriend right now. First its important to make sure that you both still have the same goals in mind. Maybe he is a little afraid of the impending responsibility that will land on his shoulders once you do get pregnant. Guys also have a hard time with the knowledge that its up to them to get you pregnant. They feel like they let you down every time you have sex, because they just can't seem to "do the job" right. They feel like they are lesser in your sight, and less of a man. Whether they are excited for a baby or not, it can be very emasculating to think that they can't "do their duty" and get you pregnant.I am sure that he sees how mad you are getting. To him, this is probably sending him the message that you are thinking " Why are you having such a hard time getting me pregnant, when all of my other friends men don't seem to have that problem, and get them pregnant right away. " Its just important to make sure he doesn't feel like a piece of meat, needed only for his sperm, which is being called into question for being useless as well. You want the moment that you do get pregnant to be an exciting accomplishment. You want sex to be meaningful and pleasant, and an act of love between the two of you. When trying so hard to conceive it is easy for it to become an unpleasant task that is seen as a failure if pregnancy is not achieved. I would suggest you go on a vacation, just the two of you, get away from everything, and Don't discuss getting pregnant, or anything like that. Just take the time to have fun together. It might be just the ticket. Getting his sperm checked will help to find problems if there are any, or give you relief to know there is nothing wrong. It could very well just be the stress that is causing the repeated lack of conception. More common then you would think. Good luck and best wishes.
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Mar 15, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Maybe it is time to ask the doctor to take fertility tests on you and your partner, as J_9 says the problem could lie with him.
    Turby Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Well my boyfriend was the one that asked me if I was ready and I said yes when we have sex I don't make hi feel like he's just wanted for his I love him to death its just we try all the time and when he see"s the test come back negitvie he gets all upset and when I tell him I have my period he tells me NO and says he will just think I'm pregnant so there for he don't feel just needed for his... I just don't want him getting all up set all we want is a baby and we have been trying for about 10 months and Nothing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's happening please help [ 6 Answers ]

as long as I can remember werid things have always happen to me, dreams I dreamt came true, I could tell you when the fone was going to ring n who it was for, and when ever I was around strange sounds would happen and t.v lights etc would go werid. But recently things have got worse, when I was...

What's happening to me [ 11 Answers ]

I have had normal periods and I am taking the pill This month even though I am on the pill I strted bleeding 2 days prev and then stopped I woke up early one morning and found that I was covered in blood which has never happened and have been very heavy bleeding since ? And very very painful...

What's happening [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 2 weeks late getting signs of pregnancy but 3 tests say no. what's going on

What's happening to me? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi to everybody I have been on the depo shot for about 2 years. I was suppose to go the shot again in August and I never went back. Its been 5 months since I have been off it. I was regular on my period but I have missed it last month and this month ( DECEMBER AND JANUARY) what's going on. Someone...

What Happen and what's happening now [ 7 Answers ]

Well the topic that is so popular on people mind is what happen with me in my further wife after all the drama. Well in one sentence I'll tell you. Many things was wrong, first there was no trust. No good commnication and a distance relationship and too much damage had already been done. So I...

View more questions Search