Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tori2772 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2012, 11:27 AM
    Hair follicle test coming up
    I smoked twice beginning September 2012 - passed a hair test September 29.
    Just found out I had to take a new hair test this week to officially get hired in- it is not December 8 2012 . I smoked twice in November .

Total four times within four months - what are my odds of passing ? :(

Long brown hair weights 112 female

Thanks so much :)
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2012, 12:12 PM
    Not great. That's the purpose of hair follicle tests - to prevent people from cheating the tests by stopping a short time before they are administered. Perhaps low levels will be considered to be within the acceptable range but the bottom line is that if you're tested for drugs or alcohol and you try to use drugs or alcohol, you're probably going to fail the test.

There seem to be no end to the posts on this subject. I don't mean to sound judgmental because I have a different issue - I'm overweight. I can ask a thousand questions about how to easily lose weight but it comes down to my own choices and behaviors. If I eat too much and don't exercise enough I'm going to be fat. If you use pot, you're going to fail your drug tests.
    Tori2772 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2012, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    Not great. That's the purpose of hair follicle tests - to prevent people from cheating the tests by stopping a short time before they are administered. Perhaps low levels will be considered to be within the acceptable range but the bottom line is that if you're tested for drugs or alcohol and you try to use drugs or alcohol, you're probably going to fail the test.

There seem to be no end to the posts on this subject. I don't mean to sound judgmental because I have a different issue - I'm overweight. I can ask a thousand questions about how to easily lose weight but it comes down to my own choices and behaviors. If I eat too much and don't excercise enough I'm going to be fat. If you use pot, you're going to fail your drug tests.
    I understand that the actions I make have outcomes . I'm not an idiot - I appreciate your input but I am not asking for some negative answer - I wanted an answer based off knowledge and the levels it takes to fail. Thanks but no thanks for your useless negative input .
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2012, 12:47 AM
    Nobody can know exactly how much you smoked and took into your system. "Two times" could be two tokes on a joint and it can be two benders that went on for hours. The more you smoked, the more likely it is that you will have a positive result. If you smoked to the point of getting stoned, chances are not good for passing the test. It's very sensitive and meant to pick up on any drug use over several months' time.

I re-read my post to see if I was nasty or mean or overly negative to you and I wasn't. I tried to just express to you that there's no getting around the truth of these tests unfortunately. They accurately reflect your behavior with drugs, just like the scale will actively reflect if I stopped for donuts. It stinks but it's just the truth of the situation and the negativity of the situation is the direct result of your own actions. Nobody is on this site to sugar coat the truth for you - you'll find people try to be direct and honest. If you are looking for encouragement, the good news is that you can turn things around and test clean next time. Even if you loose a job, there are other jobs. It's hard but not insurmountable, and pot is one of the easier drugs to get off so you have a great shot of getting clean and moving forward from this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair follicle test [ 3 Answers ]

Will I pass a hair follicle test? I smoked on August 24 for the first time in 18 years. I took 3 hits off a joint. I now have an opportunity for a job that requires a hair follicle test. The test will probably be the week of October 1st. There is not chance of postponing the date. Any help...

Help, hair follicle test, used hair from arm pits [ 2 Answers ]

I stopped smoking in January 2012, before that I smoked two to three joints a week. July 7, after a friend died I had a couple of hits off a blunt. Yesterday, apron 49 days from when I last smoked weed, I had to take a hair follicle test for a possible job. I didn't know they were doing hair...

Hair follicle test [ 4 Answers ]

I never smoked until recently in the month of April like 2 times.. Took my test may 7th , what is the chances of it showing in my hair ? Ps didn't smoke a whole blunt like 2-3 pulls

Hair follicle test [ 1 Answers ]

I have not used cocaine in 8 months but it is still showing up in a hair follicle test, how is this possible when the testing is for 3 months back?

View more questions Search