Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dearshilps Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2012, 04:01 AM
    How to handle insult?
    The CEO of my company due to some misunderstanding of the situation yelled so badly at me and ended up saying"You are fired" in front of the entire office , later he called up the HR and asked me to calm down with a message that I wasn't fired.

However it was very humiliating and since yesterday I am just not able to handle my emotions and tears are just not leaving me...

How to handle this? Should I look for another Job(which I desperately want) but would like to know what is the wise way of handling this...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 14, 2012, 04:27 AM
    Oh heck, this has happened to some of us in on way or another. He sort of apologized but I know deep down you would like him to apologize in front of the whole office, right ?

Just because he a CEO doesn't mean he has a lot of smarts and people savvy. Swallow your pride, put a smile on your face and stare everyone down who stares at you.

No, I myself wouldn't look for another job, IMO. The incident will be forgotten by everyone who heard, and probably considered him a real jerk, and you will forget it to you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 14, 2012, 04:36 AM
    I agree with the above. Take a sick day or two if you must, and go back to work.
    There are few jobs that don't entail some humiliation.
    There must be some satisfaction in knowing that you are somewhat indispensable, right?
    Plus you have to have a thicker skin at work than you do in your personal life.
    Some CEOs would have just let the firing stand, just because they wouldn't admit to a mistake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Her Ex's have good looks than me and begins to insult me. [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 10 months. It totally hurt my feelings every time he compares me with his ex's.. like, they're pretty and worst.. they're white skinned. My boyfriend is the frank type. He tells me anything without hesitation. He always tells me that white skinned girls...

I snapped the tip off the shower handle. Unable to screw new handle. It's a symmons [ 3 Answers ]

I have a symmons shower faucet. While removing the old shower handle I snapped the tip off where you screw the handle on. There is no way to attach the new shower handle. Help

Does my landlord have a right to insult and be rude to a tenent? [ 2 Answers ]

My landlord is incredibly rude when she explains things to me. For example, I had garage sale stuff on my porch, and she gave me a warning to clean it up. I did. Months later, another tenent left trash and clothing all over the yard and parking area, she said we were "all pigs trying to make the...

View more questions Search