Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Dec 13, 2012, 06:04 PM
    Introducing Chinchillas
    I have read quite a bit about introducing chinchillas, but I would like some personal advice.
    I have a 2 1/2 year old female chin. I recently got an 11 month old male chin.
    They are both healthy well bred animals and I do intend on having pups. I have done my research and pup proofed the main cage. Please do not turn this into anything other then introduction advice.
    They were initially placed side by side with a small gap in separate cages. There was minimal reaction or interest by either one. They were quickly virtually ignoring each other and happily sitting on the adjacent sides comfortably. After a week I switched them into eachothers cages. I have switched the dust bath around with used dust. It has been 3 days since the cage switch and they are both still relaxed. In experienced opinion, how much longer should I wait before a neutral open introduction?
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Dec 13, 2012, 06:58 PM
    I would also like to add that my female is an ebony sapphire carrier and my male is a sapphire. I am fond of chinchillas and interested in genetics and bloodlines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chinchillas, breeding and vets [ 9 Answers ]

I own four wonderful chinchillas. And I've owned them for quite a while. I've read up on all aspects of their care before I even got them and I constantly am researching them in my free time even now. I own 2 basic grey's(one male one female), a black and white (*male), and a homo beige (female)...

View more questions Search