Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klhaywood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2012, 03:13 PM
    Goodman Furance GPM
    I have a Goodman GPM furnace. It works intermittently. I checked the breaker, thermostat, Control board and surface igniter. All appears well on start up sequence ; blower runs and igniter heats up and then turns off as no gas comes out. Control board codes says OK and I also turned to fan switch on and it works just no heat. Can anybody recommend what to do next. The house and unit is 10 years old and I have had no problems until now. Thanks
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2012, 06:34 PM
    Do you, at any point during the ignition process, get 24 volts AC to the gas valve?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2012, 08:12 PM
    It sounds like you have a bad control board. If you had a flame proving fault-(no flame after 24v going to gas valve) or a pressure switch or limit switch open it would give the fault code on the control board. To rule out the thermostat you will need to jumper R to W at the thermostat connections and see if it works. A weak or bad heat anticipator on the thermostat will give the same symptom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1ton=gpm? [ 1 Answers ]

Ton to gpm conversion. Ton to kw conversion

Need help with a goodman furance gmp050-3 [ 1 Answers ]

It is goodman gmp050-3. the red light blinks 3 times. I have replaced the pressure control switch and the thermostat. But still no change. Could I have gotten a bad pressure control switch. What else could it be? HELP

How to tell GPM? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to figure out how long to filter my pool each day. I need my gallons per minute GPM, but my filter has *two* numbers -- the filter tank says 25 and my filter head says 75. They are different manufacturers. Any idea?

View more questions Search