Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 13, 2012, 02:45 PM
    Dishwasher doesn't drain
    I bought a used GE dishwasher on craigslist (I use one seldom) and it doesn't drain. My friend who installed it said he doesn't know dishwashers. The model tag is scraped off but is probably a low end model. It's touchpad controls with a dial for start and stop. The overflow is sending excess water down by gravity because it's still at the same level after several cycles.
    HELP! How can I troubleshoot the drain without a manual and even a model?
    current pert

Dec 13, 2012, 05:05 PM
    Never mind. I'm done with this. It will sit there unused. Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2012, 05:53 PM
    JP How are you connecting the drain hose?
    current pert

Dec 14, 2012, 09:40 AM
    Down to the cellar, no disposal, nor into the sink drain.
    I have a tough time getting down there, never mind getting a ladder down there too.
    So I'll give it a shot after Christmas. Maybe loop it up under the sink and into the drain there, but I still have to close off the connection in the cellar, so I'll wait.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore ultra wash dishwasher doesn't drain completely [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore UltraWash dishwasher and I noticed water is left in the bottom so I push the cancel/drain button and that will completely drain the machine. Also, found some debris around the bottom so removed that. Next time I wash dishes, same thing occurs. Again I can make it drain by pushing...

Dishwasher doesn't drain after full cycle [ 0 Answers ]

I have a brand new whirlpool dishwasher that doesn't drain completely after running a full cycle but it will drain completely if I press the cancel/drain button. I run the waste hose directly into the sink disposal with no air gap. I took the hose out and pressed the cancel/drain button and it...

Elite kenmore dishwasher doesn't drain [ 2 Answers ]

Just bought it a couple months ago and suddenly it doesn't drain. Any suggestions?

GE Dishwasher doesn't drain completely [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new GE dishwasher (4 mo. Old) and it fails to drain completely leaving about a half inch of water in the bottom after the dry cycle is completed. On investigation I noted that the installer hooked up the supply to cold water. I'll change that over to hot right away but I suspect the...

Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher doesn't drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, we inherited a Kenmore ultra wash dishwasher with a house 2 years ago. It has worked reliably until last week. Now there is about 2" of standing water in the base. I ran it through the cycle once to see if it clear it out but it didn't. Any suggestions? We normally are very good at rinsing off...

View more questions Search