Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    go-ask-mom Posts: 115, Reputation: 18

Mar 14, 2007, 11:34 PM
    Workers Compensation
    I was just curious as to WHY there is absolutely no topic/forum on this big bureaucratic mess?

I can't imagine that nobody has dealt with it in some way or another but I can find nothing, nadda zip on the subject anywhere on this board?
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Mar 19, 2007, 08:27 PM
    My fiancé is on Worker's Comp, but I don't know what good it would do to talk about it. Lol. I'm not sure.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2007, 09:48 PM
    Most people have dealt with Workers Comp and have never cared to deal with them again. I think it would be like flogging a dead horse myself.
    Donnavaughnfriendgomez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Workers comp is an insurance bought by employers to avoid costly law suits when workers are injured. They are NOT on your side. They will do what it takes to establish that you are not faking and really hurt, send you to dr's to do basic run of the mill stuff and pay you 2/3 of your salary with a ceiling. It is important to remember, they are not on your side, but they are able to pay for dr bills and your care if you are able to force them into it. That is my experience as an injured worker on the job.
    go-ask-mom Posts: 115, Reputation: 18

Aug 5, 2008, 12:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    Most people have dealt with Workers Comp and have never cared to deal with them again. I think it would be like flogging a dead horse myself.

Uhmm, that's my point exactly! Hello!

I'm saying why no form for those that are newly injured and trying to find answers on work comp or just navigate the whole messy system... These cases can go on for years and years.

I mean if we looked at everything that sucked and didn't want to deal with it again, then this site itself would not need to exist, because who would want to re-hash or give advice on that time the water heater quit, their best friend was sick, and so on and so on... you know what I'm saying! So simple its stupid! :rolleyes:
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Aug 17, 2008, 07:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by go-ask-mom
    I was just curious as to WHY there is absolutely no topic/forum on this big bureaucratic mess??

I can't imagine that nobody has dealt with it in some way or another but I can find nothing, nadda zip on the subject anywhere on this board??
    Worker's comp is a necessary madness for any company. The company is required to furnish workman's comp insurance. Most generally it is run by the state, ours is.

A few things can go wrong with worker's comp.

A) The employee can wait too long to report the incident to the supervisor
    B) The supervisor can either not report it to HR or report it late
    C) The supervisor can report it incorrectly to HR so HR has the wrong information to send to the Worker's comp agency
    D) HR can fill out the paperwork incorrectly or send it in late
    E) You can get a gung ho workman's comp investigator that is out to save the insurance company money

Actually after HR sends in the claim the insurance company takes over from there.

The state is the insurance company so you have to deal with a government agency. You know how efficient government agencies are. What more can I say.

Sometimes Workman's comp works well, sometimes it does not.

I have seen it both ways in my 25 years in HR.

Shirley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Workman's Compensation settlement [ 1 Answers ]

I will be receiving a workmans comp. settlement shortly and need to know if I file bankruprcy will they keep or want to know why I don't have it anymore

1099 MISC NonEmployee Compensation [ 4 Answers ]

I received a 1099 Misc from my previous employer. I'm wondering if it is correct. Here's some more specific information regarding it: I was fired from my employer, however, as part of my severance package, they agreed to pay my health & dental insurance for 9 months. I then received a...

Caregiver compensation [ 7 Answers ]

Since 2000 I have overseen my elderly mother's care. She is completely dependent on me. Have moved her more than once a year as she declined, bring her to my home a full day each week, take care of all dr appts etc, do finances. My sis, who lives in another state does not contribute or visit. In...

Compensation [ 3 Answers ]

I am a full-time caregiver for my 82 year old mother, is there any compensate from the government, hud or any other program out there I can turn to for help with this. Trisha

View more questions Search