Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2007, 06:53 AM
    Get away from him NOW. He has issues that go far beyond jealousy and possessiveness. Get away and stay away before you get yourself in over your head.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Mar 16, 2007, 08:05 AM
    What he says doesn't matter anymore or shouldn't. That you continue to focus on anything but the solution tells me you aren't ready to solve this. I wish you well and hope you get it one day. I won't be adding anything further here as I don't think I can be helpful.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2007, 08:40 AM
    His messages are kind of creepy to me. People don't change over night.

And what's with the babygirl thing? That's kind of creepy to.

He's is throwing the guilt trip - and throwing darts at the board to see what sticks.
    3xquisiteLat Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Mar 16, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow
    That you continue to focus on anything but the solution tells me you aren't ready to solve this. I wish you well and hope you get it one day. I won't be adding anything further here as I don't think I can be helpful.
    Okay well thank you for doubting me:mad: I'm here for help not be doubted or put down by those words.
    Anyway I have broken up with him last night, I told him everything how I felt and how his obssessiveness was affecting me.. so its over now and I got the courage to not show signs of weakness, his crying didn't affect me either so I remained strong.
    Thank you all for your great advice, I really needed it and it gave me a lot of strength.
    You've all made me realize a lot of things and I hope I don't repeat my mistakes again.
    Thank you once again and god bless
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2007, 08:53 PM
    Good for you - it's the BEST fro BOTH of you. This guy needs to learn to get a life and never make a women his life. He really should go seek counseling.

You will find a much more healthy person - some guy who has his

My very strong advice is to NOT talk with him - don't answer his calls, delete his e-mails OR beter block his e-mails, don't open his text messages.

I have a strong feeling you will hear from him fro the next few months unfortunately. This type of dependency/obsession is a sickness - I wouldn't be surprised if he had a drug or alcohol problem - it usually goes with this type of behavior.
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Mar 18, 2007, 09:36 PM
    This is the beginning of a very unhealthy, unhappy private hell for you. This guy is possessive, overbearing, and down right disrespectful of limits. Anyone who feels the need to pressure you into making any decision (marriage) is not acting in your best interests. This guy is solely focused on you. You are a fixation, and obsession. That is NOT love, no matter how many times and ways he professes that it is. If you give in to his demands for attention and constant reassurance you will trap yourself in something that is difficult to break free from. Please end this once and for all, and if he doesn't get the hint, file police reports for harassment. This sounds like the type of person who could easily become violent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I like a girl, but she has a boyfriend. What do I do? [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, Bill here. I met a girl about 2 years ago and we have been good friends since. We don't see one another "a lot" but once and a while. She has a boyfriend of about 3 yrs. When we do see each other, we talk forever and it never seems like either of us wants to go our separate ways when it is...

Friend smothering me [ 20 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I am new to the board and this little section caught my eye instantly. I have a friend whom I think is feeling a little bit smothered by me at the moment :-( "Jane" is 56 and I'm almost 38, so there is an age difference, but when we first met two years ago (she sold me my first...

My Boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

I have been going out with my boyfriend for 4 months now, it is a first for both of us. However problems have been occurring. He wants to be close to me but I can't bring myself to let him. I am worried and I am scared. What would you suggest? Is there anything that I can do? :confused:

Friend Says That I Am Smothering Her [ 19 Answers ]

Hello All, I am new to the boards, but I have a friend who has been actively avoiding me and being cold towards me over the last couple of weeks. I left a comment on her webpage and told her that I thought that being friendly was something that I was supposed to do-- seeing as how we are friends...

Smothering Friends [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: Hello I am new to the boards so here goes: I have been told I smother. What is your description of smothering and how do I overcome that flaw in my personality. I am afraid of starting up friendships anymore. Where do you draw the line from caring to smothering. Do you feel that...

View more questions Search