Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scrolman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2005, 07:25 PM
    Upgrading from ME to Windows XP
    What is the difficulty rating in upgrading from ME to XP and should I back up ME prior to the upgrade.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2005, 09:16 AM
    Upgrading
    Hi,
    The most common problem with upgrading to XP is that if you have any older programs, they might not run or be able to be used with XP. For example; Microsoft Picture It 99, etc. Great photo/graphics program, but won't work with XP.

You can do a compatibility check, to see what, if any, programs you have, won't work with XP.

Here is the best site I have found, with step by step on checking it out, and also installing XP, if you choose to do so:

http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/e...2october07.asp

If you decide to install XP, you might want to print out all the steps at the site.
    Best wishes, and best of luck,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer upgrading... [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there guys you know I really want to know how to upgrade my PC...

Upgrading Windows ME (FAT32) without formatting the hard drive [ 4 Answers ]

I recently bought my wife an Ipod Nano and it requires Windows 2000 w/ SP4 (or higher) to run the iTunes software. I ordered the Service Pack 4 and when it arrived, I put in the disk and the directions said that I couldn't load SP4 to the ME OS (it would have to be loaded to Windows 2000). I was...

Upgrading from 100 amp to 200amp Q's [ 5 Answers ]

:eek: I would like to upgrade my Box from 100 amp service to a 200 amp service, the electrical company said that the wire to my house is rated for higher so basically I just need to get an inspection and have a electrician change out the box. What are the pro vs cons moving to a larger amp box?...

View more questions Search