Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corsica Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2012, 03:09 PM
    Private care/support work in people's homes
    Hello

I am a qualified learning disability nurse with extensive experience - 25 years in caring/supporting people, mainly elderly and people with dementia.

I would like to offer care/support services in client's homes and would therefore appreciate some advice on how to make a start.

I would be offering non medical support services.

Thank You

Christine
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 12, 2012, 03:22 PM
    After all these years, you must know a lot of medical caregivers and have connections to hospitals, doctors offices, and maybe nursing homes. If I were you, I'd first make a list of all of these and then put together a brochure about myself to hand out in person. Of course, I'd focus on those who provide care to seniors and the disabled.

Do you have definite populations in mind to care for at home? As a visitor or as a live-in? To provide which services?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Prehistoric time setting, unknown cast, people make their homes up high in cliffs to [ 0 Answers ]

Prehistoric setting, unknowns in cast, people have to live up high on cliffs to be safe from predators. Many scenes of various means of getting up the cliffs from ground level before enemy attacks.

If you care for people in there own homes [ 3 Answers ]

And they are funded by the government for the care they reciev. How long does it take before you will receive payment for the service you supply. I am looking at starting my own care agency

Care homes [ 1 Answers ]

How difficult is it for you to set up a rest home in your own house - we have just built a house and have a separate wing with two beautiful rooms - large doubles I have been told I could charge appx £700 for one and £900 for the other does that sound unreasonable? Is the interviewing by the Care...

Proper way to care for private area? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 18, my vaginal area is all natural (pubic hairs) . I'm starting to get irritated by it, it's just... not attractive. My mom always told me not to touch it, as in no shaving, no waxing, whatever. I've heard shaving is bad, I heard trimming leads to itchiness, I heard waxing is the way to go, so...

Work needed on older Homes [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Rhouse: I'll tell you... age is not as important in determining work needed in home as much as how well built the home is. For example, the beautiful older homes were built with painstaking detail to quality and workmanship whereas many of the newer homes are not being built to similar...

View more questions Search