Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2012, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    a resume is only history, what are you capable of
    I've done better than Obama has... the last 4 years... I haven't run World record Deficits...

Quite the opposite... I've managed to NOT spend far more than I made. Either in business or my personal life.

You can teach your average gradeschooler kid to balance a checkbook... but apparently not a half black man from Kenya.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2012, 07:03 PM
    What part of leadership don't you get, did he spend this money alone? No, the money was spent under the auspices and consent of Congress. If anyone should take the blame for the mess it is that bunch of pussies. Some one yells do something and when something is done, they say, I was only talking, I didn't think you would do it.

So his life skills revolve around spending to solve a problem. If you didn't want him there you shouldn't have elected him, but you can't disregard history, the other side of politics is just as good at deficit spending as this fellow, who created the tax cuts that are the bone of contention now? Who started two expensive wars? Who allowed the crap to go on that created the GFC? I think he is doing better than Dumbo
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2012, 08:13 PM
    You can teach your average gradeschooler kid to balance a checkbook... but apparently not a half black man from Kenya.
    Well there you go, that speaks volumes.
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2012, 09:31 PM
    It is once again obvious that people in the USA must demonstrate their lack of knowledge of the 95% who form the rest of humanity. There are educated people throughout the world, many with a far better education than is apparently available there. Many live without the prejudice which is apparent in that comment.

To correct the record Obama was born in Hawaii, and much of his education was in the US, his father was from Kenya, so maybe they don't teach people to balance checkbooks in Hawaii
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Dec 14, 2012, 01:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post

You can teach your average gradeschooler kid to balance a checkbook....but apparently not a half black man from Kenya.
    When it comes to a individuals genetic make up there is no half, third, or a quarter of anything. That is not how genetics works. If there is any other misunderstandings it is also the case that a person genetic make up has nothing to do with the blood.

Take a basic course in biology.

Tut
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2012, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    The people who constantly deride those who will never be present to defend themselves are real pussies in real life.
    Oh the irony.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 15, 2012, 06:29 PM
    Back to the subject of this post if you guys don't mind.

How

Unions were a crucial part of this process, too. By fighting for higher wages and better benefits, unions ensure that working people have the means to purchase consumer items, housing, and other goods and services. Companies have to hire more people to keep up with demand – and the good jobs keep coming.

That's why the Republican Party platform of 1956 boasted that “unions have grown in strength and responsibility, and have increased their membership by 2 millions” during Dwight D. Eisenhower's first term. Back then Republicans understood that a growing middle class was good for the entire economy. That party platform also said that “America does not prosper unless all Americans prosper.” Their rule: No shirkers.

But then in those days our economy wasn't dominated by Wall Street megabanks – institutions that don't build or sell anything. And politicians weren't completely in bankers' pockets back then, because the public wouldn't have tolerated it.

We shouldn't tolerate it now.
    Just curious Speech, how much would you be making if YOUR boss didn't have to compete with the union scale for wages AND benefits?
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2012, 07:37 PM
    Hi Tal but don't you know speech did it all on his own without any help just like all of those other fat cats, there is nothing wrong with unions properly administered and responsive to the members, but in speech's world unions get in the way by insisting on fair pay, etc. If unions overreach then the bosses move the plant, but no individual has the power to stand up to the corporation.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2012, 03:14 AM
    there is nothing wrong with unions properly administered and responsive to the members,
    The unions early on in this country's history were corrupted by organized crime. Once labor laws codified union demands there was no more justification for their existence . Today ,they work hand in hand with the government to confiscate a percentage of union members wages . The unions then transfer that theft into the hands of the politicians . The rank and file get little benefit from that exchange. Eventually employers find other places to operate ;either in right to work states ,or by outsourcing .

I'll also point out that even FDR and the early labor movement folks understood that there was NO place in public employment for unions . Why ? Because they saw unions as vehicles to get workers more of the profits they help create. Public employess don't generate profits. They negotiate for more tax money. When government unions strike, they strike against taxpayers. F.D.R. considered this “unthinkable and intolerable.” That was also the position of George Meany;the former president of the A.F.L.-C.I.O .That was true through that Eisenhower era you discuss .
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2012, 05:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The unions early on in this country's history were corrupted by organized crime. Once labor laws codified union demands there was no more justification for their existence .
    You know, Tom, you become more and more a right wing mouthpiece everyday. You seem to have a real problem with organised crime over there, must be the enterprenual spirit at work or maybe it is just your politicians can be bought. I expect you will be telling us next BO is just an organised crime stooge
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 16, 2012, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    a resume is only history, what are you capable of
    Can I borrow this? I think it would make a great tagline ;)
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2012, 05:50 AM
    Sure Dad you are welcome, remember to credit me
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2012, 06:49 AM
    I expect you will be telling us next BO is just an organised crime stooge
    Guess you aren't familiar with the Daley Machine in Chi-town.
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2012, 02:24 PM
    It was a rhetorical question Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Registration in the state work force office. Job Application for work in Ireland . [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam, My job intermediary company recommended that I contact you and seek assistance regarding the Personal work force registration number as well as the preparation of the other requirements such as Cover letter, CV European format and Work permit Form. It is compulsory for my job...

Legalities of neighbors to turn my water off to work in their home/cut walls to work? [ 9 Answers ]

My downstairs neighbor moved in 2 years ago. It seems like they don't realize we live in a 2 story condo not a custom home. One top another bottom. There are other questions I wish to ask as well. But first the male occupant is a handy man and has been doing lots of modifications to his home since...

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

View more questions Search