Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2012, 07:21 AM
    Right to Work
    Hello:

Wingers SAY Obama care was "rammed down their throats", but it was debated for TWO YEARS.. If you really want to know how to RAM stuff down your opponents throat, just look at what the wingers did in Michigan.

excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2012, 07:38 AM
    Did Obamacare ever see a legitimate vote like all legislation is supposed to? No it didn't.

Did Obamacare have the so-called debate behind closed and locked doors the Republicans were not allowed to participate in... most certainly YES.

The right to work was passed by a legitimate majority vote UNLIKE Obamacare...

Why should Non-democrats be forced to pay dues that are given to support ONLY the Democrat party?
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2012, 07:49 AM
    Hello smoothy:

Why should Non-democrats be forced to pay dues that are given to support ONLY the Democrat party?
    For the same reasons that employees of Koch Industries have no say in who their owners support.

Excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2012, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello smoothy:

For the same reasons that employees of Koch Industries have no say in who their owners support.

excon
    Face it, right-to-work is where it's at. Our unemployment rate here in my city never went above 6% when the economy tanked. New construction here has been non-stop. There's a new major shopping center and 3 new hotels less than a half mile from where I work. Construction crews from all over the country have been getting in on the act here.

Been to Dallas lately? The whole darn Metroplex is under construction... gotta widen those highways and build homes for all the Californians fleeing their state. You don't think other states want to see that kind of activity?

Besides the freedom and economic benefits of right-to-work, it's much more peaceful here without all those union thugs tearing down tents with women and children inside, assaulting people and threatening civil wars.
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2012, 08:25 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Again, you MISS the point.. You're knee is jerking more and more these days...

Right to work was NOT the point of my post... RAMMING it DOWN THE THROATS of Michiganders was the point.

Apparently, you AGREE with the tactics...

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2012, 08:38 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Right to work was NOT the point of my post... RAMMING it DOWN THE THROATS of Michiganders was the point.

excon
    My knees weren't jerking, I was just pointing out the reality. Only 11.4% of American workers are now union members, 7% in the private sector. Right-to-work is where it's at.

As for ramming it down their throats... reap what you sow.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2012, 10:25 AM
    GM will open its newest plant in Mexico in March 2013.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...11837420110120

It already operates plants in Texas and Louisiana. The unions are dinosaurs.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 12, 2012, 12:18 PM
    Whenever a political party holds majority in both legislatures and the governorship that party - be it Democrat or Republican - will use tactics to limit debate and ram their legislation down the minority party's throat. And the minority party will scream "unfair" - right up until the day they become the majority party. The Republicans in Michigan weren't the first, and won't be the last. Here in Illinois we see it all the time with the Democrat legislature and governor doing their sweetheart deals with very limited debate. And we certainly see it in Chicago with the Democrat mayor and city council doing things like approving multi-year no bid contracts and selling off city assets with no debate allowed. So don't be surprised by this tactic when it happens in Michigan.
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2012, 01:47 PM
    Hello smoothy:

excon
    THat has NOTHING to do with the point... Union dues are extorted off employees to pay for things they neiother want nor support... like everything that doesn't pay for their benefits.

I personally object to MY dues being given to support Democrat candidates that have done absolutely NOTHING to help me or my needs...

If a Union is to contribute to ANY political campaign.. it should legally be required to give an equal amount to the other party as well.

Actually Union Dues should EXCLUSIVELY be used for members issues and benefits... NOT political follies.
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2012, 01:48 PM
    Hello again, Steve:

excon
    It wasn't rammed down any throats... its was voted on and approved by a majority... UNLIKE Obamacare which never got an up or down vote...
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2012, 03:05 PM
    Hello smoothy:

UNLIKE Obamacare which never got an up or down vote...
    Nahhh... It wouldn't have become law without it.

Excon
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2012, 04:05 PM
    Hello smoothy:

Nahhh... It wouldn't have become law without it.

excon
    And that's why it shouldn't be.. it sucks... and MOST of the population knows it sucks. It was a cheap ploy.. exactly like you would expect from a lowlife poorly educated wannabe street thug from Chicago... who would get his skinny little black butt kicked if he didn't have the secret service protecting his yellow back.

The only people that like is are the lazy non-productive losers that think they should get a free ride at everyone else's expense.

And of Course Nancy Pelosi doesn't even qualify as human much less a woman.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2012, 05:29 PM
    Now we have heard from the rabid right, is there another opinion in town, to me it sounds like the dogs are barking
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2012, 05:44 PM
    Hello clete:

I can't argue with a bumper sticker... Or several of them..

excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2012, 05:48 PM
    Ah, go on Ex, by the way there is no right to work, just as there is no right to breathe
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2012, 05:57 PM
    Hello again, clete:

Yeah, politicians have a habit of calling laws what they AIN'T.. Like the Patriot Act.. The Privacy Act. Right to Work..

But, they don't fool me.

excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2012, 06:01 PM
    Yes ex it is like their phony wars that achieve very little, but then we have talked those to death
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2012, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    now we have heard from the rabid right, is there another opinion in town, to me it sounds like the dogs are barking
    See there is a big difference between excon and Obama... I could invite excon out for a beer if we found ourselves in the same town and we could probably have a decent conversation.

Obama would dictate WHAT bar we would be going to... WHAT we would be drinking... then expect me to pay for it along with the bill for all the underprivileged people that didn't come to the bar too, then he would preach about how I should feel privileged to give all MY money to the lazy.. while he is too cheap to hand over any of his massive wealth to the same people.

I would then begin to understand Lee Harvey Oswald in very short amount of time.

Even though I believe in Karma... and what goes around comes around.. and its going to hit him like a ton of bricks at some point when it does... Smart investors will be investing in KY jelly... the need for it is due to skyrocket..
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2012, 06:12 PM
    smoothy, BO is just a man and in a private situation very much like you. He might have some underpriviliged stories to tell, but hell, don't we all. Hard times fall on everyone but they don't last, at least not for some.

One day he might have little, but I expect he has been there before and knows how to handle it, but you, well...
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2012, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    smoothy, BO is just a man and in a private situation very much like you. He might have some underpriviliged stories to tell, but hell, don't we all. Hard times fall on everyone but they don't last, at least not for some.

One day he might have little, but I expect he has been there before and knows how to handle it, but you, well.....................................

He doesn't have any REAL underprivileged stories, he grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth... he has NEVER been there before... he's never held a REAL job in his life... and that's no secret.

I on the other hand am not stupid enough to believe the crap.. and propaganda... spread about him...

He and his wife are arrogant.. racist and rude... respect isn't in their vocabulary...

Of course you wouldn't know this on the other side of the globe, nor would most people... but I know people that travel with him, work, not pleasure.. and I got this from them directly. Not everyone is there because they like him... some don't have a choice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Registration in the state work force office. Job Application for work in Ireland . [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam, My job intermediary company recommended that I contact you and seek assistance regarding the Personal work force registration number as well as the preparation of the other requirements such as Cover letter, CV European format and Work permit Form. It is compulsory for my job...

Legalities of neighbors to turn my water off to work in their home/cut walls to work? [ 9 Answers ]

My downstairs neighbor moved in 2 years ago. It seems like they don't realize we live in a 2 story condo not a custom home. One top another bottom. There are other questions I wish to ask as well. But first the male occupant is a handy man and has been doing lots of modifications to his home since...

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

View more questions Search