Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daniigurl Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Dec 11, 2012, 11:21 PM
    Sexual Harassment
    This morning I received a call from my boyfriend regarding his job, he told me that he'd been suspended for 3 days from his job and when I asked him why he told me his boss had reviewed the cameras and said he was making out with another coworker in the back room. We've been having problems in our relationship for quite some time now, aside from the fact that we haven't slept together in five months, my boyfriend has stopped really being affectionate to me, and this began last February, but picked up in march when he moved to a new town and found a new job. Certain things about his relationship with his coworkers have struck me as odd, over the summer his coworkers wrote 'i love you' on his car, on thanksgiving, I noticed he had a red smiley face drawn on the back of his arm and when confronted he told me that his coworker had drawn it on him. He's been working for this company since march of 2012 and since then has been promoted to supervisor and given a raise. When I asked him about this situation he told me he was wrongfully accused and swore up and down that he didn't do it. Said the video shows him and another woman leaning into a rack together and then the camera couldn't see them anymore because there was a box in the way. He was also accused of entering a bathroom after the store had closed with a woman and having the bathroom door close behind them, he swore that the door accidentally closed and it wasn't closed longer than ten seconds. I'm not sure what to think. My question is, what are the odds he truly was wrongfully accused of this? His boss seems to be fond enough of him to promote him to supervisor and within a month try to promote him again. Given the things that have been going on in our relationship I am having a difficult time believing he's entirely innocent, even if he's telling the truth about having not done anything with this other woman, then the relationship is still inappropriate. What do you think? Do I trust this man? Or is it true that the cameras never lie? Can an employer suspend and employee for suspicious actions or do they need legit probably cause and proof of an employee breaking the rules? Please help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2012, 01:43 AM
    I think the store would not make serious charges without good proof, I think he is telling you a lie to try and hide the truth. Why not ask him to let you see the tapes,

But with the other issues, I would say he is guilty if I had to guess
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 12, 2012, 04:24 AM
    Cameras don't lie, but what a camera shows is subject to interpretation. I doubt if the camera was the only evidence considered here. Usually sexual harassment accusations are not made without a complainant. I doubt if they have someone just reviewing security footage.

On the other hand, a 3 day suspension is a slap on the wrist. So I think the investigation was not conclusive but found enough to give him a wake up call to shape up.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 12, 2012, 07:10 AM
    I'm going to say that with everything you have told us, he is probably lying to you. If it was just one thing then maybe not. When all things are put together and considered, it sounds pretty bad for him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue for harassment and defamation of what my ex-wife is saying about me [ 0 Answers ]

My ex-wife and I have been divorced for 14 years and she is the one that filed for our divorce when she said she wanted to be single but she remarried and has been married now 10 years. I have not dated anyone in a while and when I found the right lady for me she is now harassing and saying...

Is this harassment, defamation, etc. [ 0 Answers ]

I, like so many others, have a neighbor dispute. It started this time last year when my dog witnessed another dog bite my child. It was a small breed, and my daughter was not hurt, so I didn't do anything about it, in fact I maintained a friendship with the other dog's owner. So, my dog witnessed...

Harassment /slander [ 1 Answers ]

I had a magazine write a story from my estranged husband, which was all lies, and I'm in court matters with ref him divorce/ injunctions and they gave all my details out in the magazine wher I lived my name pictures! They did not get in contact with myself1 to get my side of anything I feel I'm in...

Harassment and property dispute [ 3 Answers ]

My friend is in an odd situation with the county and her neighbors. The neighbor is trying to force her and her husband to allow him easement where he wants it. In order to do this he has caused the county (the judge who signed the papers denies it now, saying it is a forgery) to say their driveway...

View more questions Search