Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chyden95 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2012, 01:46 PM
    Live in Ny work in Illinois
    Hi everybody.

I live in New York with my parents, I'm 17 and this next summer (2013) I'm planning on going to illinios to help my gpa. Is it possible for me to get a job even if I live out of state? After the summer I'm going to Wisconsin for college.

Thanks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 11, 2012, 01:50 PM
    I lived in NY and worked in Illinois while in college. I filed in NY. Tax experts will come along to give you more information.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 12, 2012, 06:29 AM
    If you work in Illinois, you must pay Illinois state tax, then claim a credit for that tax on your NY state return.

Same requirement for Wisconsin if you work there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Illinois live-in won't leave my home! [ 5 Answers ]

Live-in boyfriend and his 11 year old son (shared parenting) need to leave my home. We have been together 6 yrs and for the past 4 of those years all financial responsibility fell on me. Why should I continue to house someone for nothing when they have given up finding a job stating "there are...

What is the cheapest way to live near steger Illinois [ 1 Answers ]

What is the cheapest way to live near steger Illinois

I live in Illinois. Can I leave the country with my daughter? [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter was born in Canada and I was born in Canada. I got married to an American citizen. The marriage has dissolved and I would like to go back to Canada. Can he stop me from going back to Canada. We got married in Illinois. My daughter has a Canadian Birth certificate, but she also has...

I live in Illinois. My husband and I owned a house. [ 6 Answers ]

My only son (from my previous marriage) got married. My husband and I bought another house and transfer the deed and the mortgage balance of the old house to my son and his wife. They are now legally owners of that house but it was a mutual agreement that my husband and I still have 20% ownership...

Summons to court in Illinois but live in Georgia [ 4 Answers ]

Yesterday, I was served at Alias Summons at my home in GA with a summons to Civil Court in Illinois. The original complaint was attached to the summons and dated 2006. The court is 1,000 miles from me. The attorney attached a postage paid return envelope. If I pay the full amount, which I can...

View more questions Search