Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 11, 2012, 07:53 AM
    Title of old 40s-50s movie, female witness in apartment before trial
    I saw the last 20 or 30 minutes - pretty female prisoner being protected in an apartment before a trial. Cop starts to fall for her. She fights with sister, who doesn't want her to testify, sister's husband gets killed. Lots of shadows outside curtains, lots of men breaking in, lots of people shot. Cop dies near the end. Last line is the woman at the trial, testifying. When asked her occupation, she says 'Right now I'm a gangbuster' and the courtroom erupts.
    current pert

Dec 11, 2012, 04:54 PM
    (Pretty sure it was "Illegal")
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Dec 12, 2012, 09:57 AM
    I think you're looking for 'Marked Woman', here's a snippet of the plot that matches your description:

Mary's younger sister Betty (Jane Bryan) comes to visit, and unaware of the dangerous situation she has entered, behaves recklessly against the advice of her older sister. When she is killed, Mary agrees to testify against the gangster.

Marked Woman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    current pert

Dec 12, 2012, 11:34 AM
    That does sound similar to the short part I saw. But this movie had Edward G. Robinson as the lawyer, and then all the other cast fell into place. Thanks. Looks like another interesting film noir I never saw.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Dec 12, 2012, 01:41 PM
    Oops! Guess I should read every thread next time!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

B/W Movie possibly from the 40s-50s [ 3 Answers ]

There was a movie I saw only once as a child, broadcast on television late one night, but I never could find out what it was called so I could see it again. It was in black & white, and set in the 1940s or very early 1950s. The "hero" of the story wakes up in a US army hospital sometime during...

I saw an old (30,40s,50s) movie, I think black and white... [ 0 Answers ]

I saw an old (30,40s,50s) movie, I think black and white, with a killer that had no hand and was able grow another hand some how. Any idea what it might be?

A black and white movie drama\suspense maybe in da 40s,50s,60s it was made. [ 1 Answers ]

Its about a woman who killed her brother by cutting his brake lines on his race car. He ran off the cliff n died. This cop appeared home looking exactly like her brother knew every little info to fool her just so she confessed on murdering her brother for the heir of diamond mine. What is the...

Title of black & white romance/affair 30s 40s or 50s? [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot think of the title of a movie I once saw. I am sorry the details are so sketchy. It was an old movie, black and white. It could have been made anywhere from the 30s to the 50s. I do not remember the actors. It was: set in a small down, a woman and a man have an affair, but they are in...

View more questions Search