Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nannasin28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2012, 08:33 PM
    How do I make a thermometer that outputs 10mV/K using a thermocouple and a MOSFET?
    The MOSFET is a BS170 and the thermocouple is type K
    doctorken123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2012, 08:34 PM
    The first thing you need to know is the output of the thermocouple. I am sure that you can find this for the temperature range in question. Data are avaliible from companies like Omega. Then you design an amplifier with the appropriate gain to give you the desired mv per degree. While you are working on this look up "instrumentation amplifier" which will give you a much more elegant solution.

BS170 - N-Channel Enhancement Mode Field Effect Transistor | Hqew.net

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

what are the inputs and outputs of photosystem 1 and 2 (the sum of both, not each in [ 1 Answers ]

What are the inputs and outputs of photosystem 1 and 2 (the sum of both not individually)

Writing a program that outputs this information [ 1 Answers ]

Write an interactive C++ program that inputs a series of 12 temperatures from the user. It should write out on file "tempdata.dat" each temperature and the difference between the current temperature and the one preceding it. The difference is not output for the first temperature that is input. At...

Icl 7667 output mosfet driver [ 2 Answers ]

Need help Have a 555 timer chip output into a 7667 driver chip running at 10 volts But only getting 3 volts at pin 3 output , why ? The signal is also inverted

3 outputs, 3 monitors, one at a time, none work! [ 5 Answers ]

I've had a computer sitting dormant for a few months, it's all hooked up and I was using it at one time. Recently I tried firing it up cause I needed something on it and when I booted it up, the monitor turned off after the loading screen. This happened several times after many restarts. I tried...

View more questions Search