Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xIrishGirlx Posts: 62, Reputation: -1

Dec 10, 2012, 05:26 PM
    "It's All About Sex With You!"
    My boyfriend doesn't make moves, give me compliments, or initiate sex.

He says I want it too much and everything leads to it. He says he doesn't kiss me because it'll eventually lead to sex.

Yeah, I have a high sex drive. That shouldn't warrant such a bad attitude from a man, should it?

I've been laying off for a long time for his sake, to hold off arguments, but I'm extremely frustrated.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 05:50 PM
    Why do you stay with him?
    How old are the two of you?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 05:53 PM
    This is a simple case of the two of you clashing. He apparently doesn't enjoy sex, doesn't want sex, and you do. Neither one of you are wrong, and neither one of you are right. You're just incompatible.

So it comes down to talking about it with him, and seeing if you two can meet in the middle, where you're both happy. If you can't do that, then you need to find someone that will, or that has the same goals and desires you do.

Dec 10, 2012, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    Why do you stay with him?
    How old are the two of you?
    I'm 18, he's 24. I stay because I'm confused and lonely.

Dec 10, 2012, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    This is a simple case of the two of you clashing. He apparently doesn't enjoy sex, doesn't want sex, and you do. Neither one of you are wrong, and neither one of you are right. You're just incompatible.

So it comes down to talking about it with him, and seeing if you two can meet in the middle, where you're both happy. If you can't do that, then you need to find someone that will, or that has the same goals and desires you do.
    I'm afraid that if I bring it up, he'll use it against me or claim that I take for granted the other things he does for me.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xIrishGirlx View Post
    I'm afraid that if I bring it up, he'll use it against me or claim that I take for granted the other things he does for me.
    Why are you acting like you have no power? C'mon, girl!

Dec 10, 2012, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Why are you acting like you have no power? C'mon, girl!
    You know what? You're absolutely right. Why am I still here? I should be taking the advice I ask for.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 06:33 PM
    Well if you are confused and lonely, you need to get out of this confusing and lonely relationship.
    Pets Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 06:39 PM
    And if he does, than so what? If you're not happy, and you can't talk to him about it, then why are you with him?

Communication is the most important part of any relationship. Your partner is supposed to be your best friend. If you can't talk to your best friend for fear of him using what you say against you, or making you feel guilt, then you really have to ask yourself why you're with him.

You have options. If you're not happy in this relationship, and you can't talk to him about what makes you unhappy, then leave. Find someone that's better suited for you, someone that you can talk to.

I agree with WG, take back control of your life. Use the power you have to make your life what you choose to make it. You're giving him all the power. You know it's bad when you're afraid to even talk to him about your relationship with him.

Dec 10, 2012, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    Well if you are confused and lonely, you need to get out of this confusing and lonely relationship.
    Indeed I do. It's easier said than done, but nothing worth doing is ever "easy".

Thank you for the advice.

Dec 10, 2012, 06:49 PM
    And if he does, than so what? If you're not happy, and you can't talk to him about it, then why are you with him?

Communication is the most important part of any relationship. Your partner is supposed to be your best friend. If you can't talk to your best friend for fear of him using what you say against you, or making you feel guilt, then you really have to ask yourself why you're with him.

You have options. If you're not happy in this relationship, and you can't talk to him about what makes you unhappy, then leave. Find someone that's better suited for you, someone that you can talk to.

I agree with WG, take back control of your life. Use the power you have to make your life what you choose to make it. You're giving him all the power. You know it's bad when you're afraid to even talk to him about your relationship with him.
    I never noticed I was giving him so much power, but now that I see it, it's both frightening and embarrassing. There's a lot I need to correct.
    Pets Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 06:50 PM
    Indeed I do. It's easier said than done, but nothing worth doing is ever "easy".

Thank you for the advice.
    It won't be easy, not at all, and every person answering knows that. There isn't a person on this Earth that hasn't had to make a tough decision, or that hasn't had a broken heart.

But you will survive, and frankly, I think that years from now you'll look back, and you'll turn to the guy you're with (who is compatible, your best friend, lover, and everything) and you'll thank your lucky stars that you had the guts to walk away from this.

I'd bet on it. :)
    Pets Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 06:52 PM
    I never noticed I was giving him so much power, but now that I see it, it's both frightening and embarrassing. There's a lot I need to correct.
    Don't be embarrassed. Every thing we do in life teaches us, and leads us to where we're supposed to be. Live and learn.

You're young, you'll make mistakes, and you'll learn from them. Every experience, good or bad, will get you to where you're supposed to be. Of course, you do have a say in your future, and only you can take control of that.

So take that control, learn from this, and move on to bigger and better things. Take your power back, it's yours, and no one has the right to take it from you. :)

Dec 10, 2012, 07:06 PM
    It won't be easy, not at all, and each and every person answering knows that. There isn't a person on this Earth that hasn't had to make a tough decision, or that hasn't had a broken heart.

But you will survive, and frankly, I think that years from now you'll look back, and you'll turn to the guy you're with (who is compatible, your best friend, lover, and everything) and you'll thank your lucky stars that you had the guts to walk away from this.

I'd bet on it. :)
    This gives me a lot of hope and a lot of encouragement and I thank you.

Dec 10, 2012, 07:07 PM
    Don't be embarrassed. Every thing we do in life teaches us, and leads us to where we're supposed to be. Live and learn.

You're young, you'll make mistakes, and you'll learn from them. Every experience, good or bad, will get you to where you're supposed to be. Of course, you do have a say in your future, and only you can take control of that.

So take that control, learn from this, and move on to bigger and better things. Take your power back, it's yours, and no one has the right to take it from you. :)
    :) I am feeling very empowered by all of this positivity. I appreciate your help dearly!
    Pets Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 07:07 PM
    You're more than welcome. I hope it works out, and we'll be here for any support you need. Stay strong. :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 07:08 PM
    And I know from reading your other posts that you can be strong enough to deal with this and to stick up for yourself and to head toward a better and more fulfilling life. This one is not fulfilling. Let us know how we can help. We are here for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"plumber grade" vs "big box" vs "online" fixtures... [ 5 Answers ]

I have heard/read that there is a difference in the part quality, etc when purchasing faucets and plumbing parts from a showroom vs big box retailers vs online. Even if they are the same manufacturer part number? Are the big box and online parts less durable/made of cheaper components that the...

Please convert "Evolution", "Transformation", "Phoenix" in Sanskrit [ 0 Answers ]

Please convert 1. "Evolution", 2."Transformation", 3."Phoenix" in Sanskrit God bless - this will be used for a tattoo

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

The difference between "sex" and "love making" [ 13 Answers ]

Ok I have been answering questions on this site for just over a week now and I might add enjoyed it, but I am now interested in peoples views on the following. What is the difference between Sex and Love making? For many years I have had what I call Sex with my husband , sometimes good and...

View more questions Search