Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ntakase Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2012, 04:17 PM
    VSC Light
    The "VSC" light came on on my 2003 Toyota Highlander. What does ths mean and what should I do? Is this a expensive procedure to fix?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2012, 04:43 PM
    Temporarily on and off or on all the time? On a wet or snowy road.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2012, 06:01 PM
    Here's a possibility:

. Ensure the gas cap is tight. Tighten the cap 3 clicks, after seating the cap.

. Reset the ECM, by using a code reader or scan tool. Disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15 seconds may work--be sure to record any radio codes first.

. Stop pumping gas into the fuel tank, after the pump clicks off. Fuel may be expanding into the charcoal canister and throwing the VSC/TRAC codes. Topping the tank off, after the nozzle clicks, can result in serious damage to the charcoal evaporative emission system.

The Vehicle Skid Control (VSC) Light and the Traction Control (TRAC) Light are turned on anytime the Check Engine Light (CEL) comes on, because both systems are disabled at that time. There is probably nothing wrong with those systems--the root cause is likely the CEL coming on, due to overfueling.

If you damaged the charcoal evaporative emission system, repairs can easily run $500. Check for any codes.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2012, 01:37 PM
    VSC (vehicle skid control) is part of the ABS dynamic braking system. Sometimes they go off calibration like when you change out a battery or have the front end aligned.
    Most likely the steering angle sensor is off center. It must know when your steering wheel is straight ahead.
    Be sure your tires are all the same wear, brand, inflation. This is important too.
    This will require a recalibration and Toyota can take care of this with the scan tool for a minimal charge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sequoia check engine light vsc trac [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 2005 sequoia and the check engine trac off and vsc lights came on. I had a diagnostic done and they said the air take valves and air pump need to be replaced. Your thoughts and estimated cost for this type of work?

2005 toyota sequoia vsc trac, vsc off check engine [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2005 toyota sequoia. The vsc off, vsc trac, and check engine, lights come on two weeks ago, I took the vehicle to toyota, they told me it's a computer problem. It cost me $1633:00 for repairs. Two week after the same lights came on again. What you suggest is the problem. Thanks

2006 Toyota Sequoia - ABS, VSC & Check Engine lights on [ 2 Answers ]

My in-laws have an '06 Sequoia. It was working fine; they used it once in the morning and no lights were on - drove it around, came home and shut it off. When they started it back up to leave again, all the lights popped on. They took it to a dealership who told them the repair would be "between...

05 toyota solara vsc, engine ,trac light [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get my VSC, Tac and Engine light to go off in a 05 Solara?

Roland vsc-88 or 55 [ 4 Answers ]

I need a software roland vsc-88 or 55 (virtual sound canvas)... Someone give a link where I can download it... I need a full version... Tnx...

View more questions Search