Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chris200 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2012, 01:12 PM
    Executer duties
    I am the executer of my mums will although there is some money and a house to sell as it is all going through probate the family who will get a share want to see mums bank statements can they do this
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 01:38 PM
    Your question is whether an heir has the right to see financial statements - and the answer is no, but... the probate process is public, so anybody (not just heirs) has the right to review the assets that are in the estate, and in most (all?) states you must provide an accounting of the estate to all interested parties, meaning all heirs and close relatives. They will get the full details, eventually, and so you could refuse the request from the heirs to see the actual bank statements and tell them to wait for an accounting of assets as you go through the probate process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the duties of a mandate? [ 3 Answers ]

What are the duties of a mandate?

Duties of an executor [ 3 Answers ]

Mother=in-law died and the home she had is to be divided between 7 children. Oldest son, who is also the executor, wants to buy the house from the rest of the benes. He is living in the home since January, 2008 and is not paying rent to anyone. In August of 2008everyone agreed on a price that he...

Estate account if you are not the Executer [ 1 Answers ]

Can I open an estate account for my mother who passed away if I am not the executer of her will

View more questions Search