Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Advancedsoldier Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2012, 12:39 PM
    Eps is zero?
    How can a company report earnings all year, but one quarter they report 0.00 EPS. What does this mean? Is it bad/good? All the help you can give me about this is much appreciated! Thank you!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 01:46 PM
    If EPS = 0 it simply means that the revenues they reported equals the expenses they reported. Whether that's good or bad depends. In general you want positive EPS, and consistency quarter-to-quarter can be a good thing. But some businesses are highly seasonal, so a high EPS quarter may be followed by zero, or even negative EPS in the next quarter. If the company took an extraordinary charge against expenses for investment in new technologies, or for a major marketing campaign, or for restructuring to closded an unprofitable plant that can be a good thing for the future. But if the reason for falling EPS is falling revenue below expectations that is probably a bad thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6+2 pon eps to 8 pin eps adapter [ 0 Answers ]

I just got all my parts & went to plug in my power supple for my processor and my 6+2 pin doesn't fit the 8 pin connection. I've seen some forums saying its not recommended to use an adapter. So I don't know what I need to do.

Basic EPS and diluted EPS [ 2 Answers ]

How can I calculate Basic EPS and diluted EPS in regards of the following proble, At Jan. 1 and Dec. 31,2005. Wonderland co. has the following securities outstanding: 5% convertible bonds, $1,000 face amount $1,000,000,000. Convertible into 30 million shares of common stock 10 million 8%...

What is the basic EPS? What is the diluted EPS? [ 1 Answers ]

A company had the following changes in its common stock shares outstanding for 2009: January 1st: Beginning balance of 90,000 April 1st: Issued 30,000 shares for cash July 1st: purchased 39,000 shares November 1st: Issued 60,000 shares for cash The company had a net income of $800,000. Also,...

View more questions Search