Ask
    realhick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2012, 10:02 AM
    94 camry 2.2 getting fire but will not start
    Car run when I spray in thorttle but cut right back off
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2012, 06:16 PM
    . Replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil. I recommend replacing these problematic components every 120,000 miles or 10 years, whichever comes first.

. Test/replace the Crankshaft Position Sensor, if the problem persists.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2012, 01:49 PM
    This sounds like an EFI problem. Possibly as simple as a burnt EFI fuse or relay. Or as bad as a worn out fuel pump. Sometimes, but rarely, a bad ECM
    The pump on these will energize when the key is turned to start, or manually when you jump the FP and E1 pin in the check connector.
    I like to use a paper clip and then turn the key on to see if it hums. This is a good test for checking the fuel pressure connected to the fuel filter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 1994 camry is not getting fire to the motor [ 3 Answers ]

My 1994 camery is not getting fire to the engine

No fire to spark plugs on '89 Toyota camry [ 14 Answers ]

We just bought an '89 Toyota camry & we started having problems w/ it not wanting to start. I put new spark plugs & wires, distributor cap, rotary button. Car wouldn't start after that. There's no fire to plugs & we tested spark plug on the frame. Still no fire. We put all the old spark plugs etc....

93 v6 camry with no fire [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1993 toyota camry xle 3.0 v-6. I have no fire going to the cap. I have replaced the ignitor, coil, plugs, wires, cap, button and ecu, and still no fire. Does my distributor have a module or diode built into it that will cause my problem. I have heard that it does and it will not send a...

94 Camry - No Start [ 2 Answers ]

94 Camry would die and then start up after 20-30 minutes and many tries. Now won't start at all. Here is what we have done and tested. Getting a code 12. 1. Changed dist. cap, rotor. 2. Test coil both primary and secondary have correct resistance reading. 3. Test other coils in distirbutor and...

93 Camry won't start [ 7 Answers ]

This car runs like a top (ordinarily), has 113k miles on it and a Fairly new battery. It gets regular maintenance and was last used Yesterday. We tried to start it this afternoon, but only got a whirring sound. Not the usual cranking, or weak cranking or the clicking if there is an ...

View more questions Search