Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gamekid Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2012, 05:26 PM
    What age can I move out of my parents house
    I'm 13 years old and I live with my mom and step-dad I am very unhappy living with them. My dad is dead, my grandparents will not take me in and I have no other family. I get bullied a lot and my mom blamed it on me, I'm bisexual and if I tell my mom she will prouble kick me out anyway. I have a friend who is 17 and she said when we both are old enough I can live with her. What age can I move out with a non realted person. How old does she have to be to take me in. Yes I have thought about this long and hard and I know what is best for me. Please help me.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 8, 2012, 05:31 PM
    You can't move out until you are 18.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 8, 2012, 05:45 PM
    And if you run away to this friend they can get into serious trouble. If you are having sex with this friend they can be in serious trouble.

If your parents are mistreating you talk to a school counselor.

Dec 8, 2012, 05:55 PM
    Whoa! You got it all wrong. I am a girl she is a girl we are not having sex with each other. I am not running away I want the know when I can live with her as my leagel gardeden. My parents do not mistreat me it's how they act about god. I am bisexual and my mom will kick me out if I tell her.
    Expert

Dec 8, 2012, 05:57 PM
    You have to wait until you are 18.

Dec 8, 2012, 06:12 PM
    Why 18? I can't stand living with my mom and step-dad what if they kick me out then can I live with her?
    Expert

Dec 8, 2012, 06:15 PM
    No.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 8, 2012, 06:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gamekid View Post
    Why 18? I can't stand living with my mom and step-dad what if they kick me out then can I live with her?
    Because the law says that you are a minor until you are 18. And until then your parents are responsible for you. If they kick you out, they will get in trouble for abandoning you. If you move in with this friend, she can get in troulbe for alienation.

Dec 8, 2012, 06:16 PM
    How do you know?
    Expert

Dec 8, 2012, 06:22 PM
    No one under the legal age of 18 can be your guardian. Your parents can't kick you out at your age.

Dec 8, 2012, 06:24 PM
    You got it all worng when we get older like when I'm 15 or 16 shell will not be a minor.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 8, 2012, 06:27 PM
    You got it all worng when we get older like when I'm 15 or 16 shell will not be a minor.
    YOU will still be a minor, under the age of 18.
    Expert

Dec 8, 2012, 06:29 PM
    Your parents cannot kick you out legally until you are 18. If you leave your parent's home before then you will be considered a runaway and this girl would get into legal trouble by allowing you to stay with her.

What's so terrible about living at home? Don't you want to follow their rules?

Dec 8, 2012, 06:34 PM
    You don't know my life. I get bullied everyday and my mom said it makes HER look bad. She has never been a good mom when I was 7 she told me that she was going to give me away. I'm a bisexual teen living in a christen home. My mom is never home anyway I see her like 4 times a week. She loves her husben more than me.

Dec 8, 2012, 06:41 PM
    Do you understand why I want to move out now?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 8, 2012, 06:41 PM
    I'm sorry that you are so upset about living at home, but the law is the law. You cannot legally move out until you're 18.

At 18 you can move out and live on the streets if that's what you choose. Until then you're stuck at home.

Why not make the most of this time? Study hard, do well in school. That way when you're 18 you may get into college, or find a job where you can actually afford to support yourself. It's only 5 years, and you're not being abused at home, so just suck it up and stick it out.
    Pets Expert

Dec 8, 2012, 06:42 PM
    Do you understand why I want to move out now?
    We understand, but the law is the law. You asked about the law. The law says that you cannot move out until you're an adult. At 18 you'll be an adult. Until then your parents are responsible for you.

Dec 8, 2012, 06:44 PM
    I will not suck it up it might be phical abuse but it is verbal abuse.
    Pets Expert

Dec 8, 2012, 06:45 PM
    I will not suck it up it might be phical abuse but it is verbal abuse.
    Then call CPS. They'll come and assess your living arrangements. If they find that you're in danger, they'll remove you from the home and place you in foster care.

Dec 8, 2012, 06:46 PM
    Might not be phical abuse but it is varbal abuse. Sorry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Legal age to move out without parents consent ontario? [ 19 Answers ]

What is Legal age to move out without parents consent ontario?

At the age of 16 can I move out into my aunts house without my parents consent? [ 6 Answers ]

I do not get along with my right now - my aunt has offered to let me live with her next school year. Is my Mother aloud telling me I'm not aloud?

How old can you be to move out of your parents house? [ 7 Answers ]

I just want to know how old I have to be to move out of my parents cause they are all ways blaming me for stuff I don't do I am only 14 and I just want to know what you have to do to move out of my parents house so please help me thank you.

View more questions Search