Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bacabfelix Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2012, 04:27 AM
    Worked for Fed mart and was vested in stocks,bonds and 401k co closed how can I locat
    Wantiing to locate stocks,bonds and 401k

Dec 8, 2012, 04:31 AM
    If company closes and was vested do I lose my 401k also stocks and bonds

Dec 8, 2012, 05:00 AM
    How do you locate your 401k
    Lost contact with fed mart how do I locate my 401k also vested in stocks and bonds
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 07:39 AM
    You shouldn't lose your 401(k) if your employer goes under - the funds in the 401(k) do not belong to the company. Check with the 401(k) plan administrator, which is the firm that managed the 401(k) plan on behalf of your employer. Of course if your 401(k) was invested in company stock, and the company goes belly up, the value of that portion of your 401(k) account may be lost, but other investmenst such as mutual funds should survive. Have you checked your account recently? The plan administrator should be sending you statements of account at least annually.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I move my investments in an existing 401k from stocks and bonds to gold? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I move my investments in an existing 401k from stocks and bonds to gold?

Treatment of Vested and Unvested Portion of Stocks [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam, I request you to kindly provide me some clarification on the treatment of Vested and Unvested Portion of Stocks on a US Individual Income Tax Return. 1.Company X has offered some stock options to few of its Employees few years back and the same has been bought back by the...

Collecting 401K if non vested? [ 1 Answers ]

I worked for my last 2 companies for only 2 1/2- 3 years. I believe I was told would need to be there 5 years to be vested. I am now 60 years old and applied for SS disability. Would I be able to collect any 401K amounts from these past employers ? Not sure if any benefits coming if not employed 5...

401k Vested or Not Vested [ 1 Answers ]

I worked for my previous employer for a few years making regular contributions to my 401k with a small match from my employer. Now my employer has sold the business. I am told that I need to roll the money from my 401k into a IRA but I can only roll over the money that I am vested. Since I did not...

Vested Misplaced 401k [ 4 Answers ]

I've been a truck driver for the past 6 years. Today I've found a statement on a 401k that I contributed to from a previous employer. The statement is from the year 2000, and it shows a balance on it. I've tried calling the plan administrator to try and see what the latest balance is with no luck....

View more questions Search