Ask
    tangeled Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2012, 11:48 AM
    Laptop startup issue
    Dell computer powers up but nothing on screen and no beeps
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2012, 07:06 AM
    This will sound strange, but boot the computer, then get a flashlight and--holding it very close to the screen--see if you can see the login screen (or desktop icons--whatever it would normally boot to).

If you can, it means the "backlight" has gone bad. They can be replaced, but there is some labor involved, so it might not be cost effective. Go to a good, local computer repair shop.

You can also try hooking an external monitor to the computer and see if it works on that. This could be a permanent fix if you don't move your laptop around.

Best of luck,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop startup trouble [ 1 Answers ]

I hope this is the right section for this. I'm not even entirely sure what the problem is though, so I may be way off. Earlier today the battery on my laptop died. I was busy and didn't plug it in but didn't think anything of it until tonight when I went to charge it and turn it back on. Now...

After installing new software my laptop freezes on startup [ 1 Answers ]

After installing a new version of internet explorer, my laptop freezes on startup. How do I fix this?

HELP! Laptop will not load w/ME on startup [ 4 Answers ]

I have a ibm think pad 390x 2626 running windows ME millennium. I was online and used the laptop all day.Shut it down properly and when I turned it on the following morning it would only boot up to the ibm thinkpad page with the message that says f1 for bios install. It will sit on that page and it...

View more questions Search