Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blackmore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 03:08 PM
    If I know somebodys IP address, can I find out their email address?
    If I know somebodys IP address, can I find out their email address?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 14, 2007, 03:18 PM
    NOPE.
    It's not that easy.
    Yes it may be possible from an IP to find the mail server that has been used, but to then find a single user on that server isn't going to be possible.
    You could guess once you know the server.
    For example if the IP shows as Homail then you could guess the address from that.

If the IP you have is just from their net connection then you don't have a hope.
    Hallwig Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 05:19 PM
    The simple answer is it's impossible. Under the internet privacy acy under Clinton's administration the furthest you can track back an ip is to the internet service provider, beyond that point you have to have the authority or permission to request the full trace. Also, if the email account the person uses is online i.e.. Hotmail or Gmail or Yahoo, then the ip address of the computer they were using may not even correspond to a specific email account or an account at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Email address corrupted [ 9 Answers ]

I am no expert, but this is the craziest thing I have ever seen. I recently switched from earthlink dial-up to Alltel dsl. After doing so, I contacted those in my address book of the change. One of those contacts came bouncing back as "undeliverable". Turns out it was a sibling who of course...

Email address configuration [ 1 Answers ]

Why are separated by the dot such as [email protected]?

Finding an email address [ 1 Answers ]

My question is this: I have an old friend that moved away a couple of years ago that I am trying to locate or email. The address is an AOL address but says it is no longer valid. Is there some way I can search using the old email address to possibly find out what new email address he might have? ...

View more questions Search