Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zina Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2012, 09:12 PM
    Infection!
    I have pain down there I am a 22 year old female and I went to a doctor a doctor a few months ago she said I have an infection inside that is causing a fishy smell she gave me antibiotics but 2 days later my body didn't react well to the antibiotics I got side effects so she just me to stop taking it. Now it hurts it burns and itches I can't walk or sit or even wipe. I haven't had sex with my husband in 2 weeks. I went to another doctor I had something on my lip she said it was an infection she also gave me antibiotics I I started vomitting the next day I just want to know what is this infection I was tested for everything and I am.clean.and perfect they say. I want a doctor to cure this infection without antibiotic
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 5, 2012, 10:58 PM
    Were both of the antibiotics oral? Did you tell the second doctor about the vaginal infection and your reaction to the antibiotics the first time? I find it odd that the first doctor didn't change medications for you knowing you had an infection.

Dec 6, 2012, 12:09 AM
    Yes they were oral. Yes I told the second doctor about my infection and when she said she was going to give me antibiotics I told her about the last time how my body didn't react well with the medication she said this one is rare to get side effects. The thing is I don't have health insurance so I spent a lot of money the past few months at doctors and medications for nothing because I still have this infection.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 6, 2012, 03:34 AM
    Antibiotics make me feel sort of sick to my stomach too, as they do to many people. But you are supposed to take them at certain times of the day, before, after, a meal, so talk to a pharmacist about that. There really is no alternative to antibiotics. Eat bland food like dry toast and chicken soup 6 or 7 times a day in small portions so that your stomach isn't empty.

Dec 6, 2012, 11:51 AM
    Yes your right and I do that they told me after a meal and I always have ro eat first because I will have stomach pain as well. They just tell me to stop taking them then I am still stuck with this pain?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Dec 6, 2012, 01:57 PM
    I would honestly try to finish the course. It might suck for the couple weeks, but once that is over you should be fine.

As with all advice online, this is our opinion. You should consult your doctor before starting or stopping any medication that they've prescribed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ear infection [ 3 Answers ]

EAR INFECTION They always ask at the doctor's office why you are there and you have to Answer in front of others what's wrong. Sometimes it is embarrassing.

View more questions Search