Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jkalintn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2012, 09:11 PM
    Getting my replacement Moen 1225 cartridge to work correctly
    I just replaced my Moen 1225 cartridge in a bathroom faucet and followed the instructions. Once it was installed, the stem and the handle would not stop rotating - spinning freely with no "off" stopping. It seems the entire cartridge turns when the stem and handle are re-installed. Does anyone know how to get it set up so it stops in the "off" position? Thanks.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 6, 2012, 06:36 AM
    I can state right now the entire cartridge isn't "spinning". *It's the stem that's turning. And that's because you left the stop tube, (see image) out, The stop tube installs directly in front of the knob. The stem will have notches or a mark on it. This is the side of the stem that stays looking up. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Dec 6, 2012, 08:04 AM
    Thanks for the response but there is no stop tube nor was there ever anything that resembles that in the stem or the faucet - it was working fine with a simple dripping so I was going to replace the cartridge and now it continues to spin with no stop point. The device you reference was not in the set up when I removed the faulty cartridge nor was it in the new one I purchased.

Thanks.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 6, 2012, 12:17 PM
    I don't know what to tell you. My company installs Moen faucets on all of our installations and In all the years I've been out in the field I have never seen a Moen faucet without a stop tube unless it was a two handled faucet. Moen's really good on customer service. Give them a call and tell them your problem. They can be contacted at** Call: 1-800-BUY-MOEN (1-800-289-6636)
    8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday through Friday
    8:00 am to 6:30 pm on Saturdays EST
    Closed on Sundays and all nationally observed holidays.
    To contact Moen Canada call: 905-829-3400
    One other thing I've been retired for over 20 years, Men might have come out with something new, I hope some of the working experts chime in on this thread, Regards, Tom

Dec 6, 2012, 12:35 PM
    Mine is a two handled faucet - I probably should've noted that. Thanks for the information about Moen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen kitchen replacement cartridge [ 2 Answers ]

Have a Single control kitchen faucet w/ pull out spray and want to replace the cartridge but it appareas sealed inside the brass cover with no way to access, pull the illustrated retaining clip, and then pull out the old cartridge. Is this cover soldered on over the cartridge? Bought in 2004 and...

Replacement part for Moen 1201 Cartridge [ 4 Answers ]

I tried to change the cartridge in my shower. Home Depot plumbing "expert" said the Moen SKU 1200 was the replacement, and it looked very similar to the naked eye. However, when I tried to install it in my shower it would not go it. I added silicone and it still did not work. After unsuccessful...

Moen shower cartridge replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I have removed the old cartridge and put the new one in. The problem I am now having is the locking ring will not go back in and I think it shouldn't be that tough to slip it back. What am I doing wrong?

Moen replacement cartridge problems [ 4 Answers ]

I have a small diameter MOEN tub-shower valve. It has a lever, setscrew to hold the handle on, pull out to turn on and rotate for temperature. The cartridge seems quite small. I didn't try to pull the cartridge until I could get another one. Home Depot has one but it is too large and different....

Moen shower cartridge replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a moen single handle shower faucet that leaks. I think the model number is TL2301 Could the cartridge need to be replaced and how is ths done.

View more questions Search