Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abeeraday Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2012, 06:46 PM
    Setting up a wifi hotspot
    I run a small coffee shop and want to offer free wifi to my customers while also having a secure network for my point of sale system/internal network. What is the best way to do this on a limited budget? And what is the best way to protect the secure network?
    antamedia4569 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2013, 03:50 AM
    You can use Web Parts in SharePoint to display information or perform tasks. Before using a Web Part, it must be installed by a SharePoint administrator.If you are interested to find the information about this topic you must have a look at this website you will find all the answers of your question here. Buy Now | HotSpot Software
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Dec 9, 2013, 04:45 AM
    Just linking a access point or router to your network with a LAN cable will give the customers access to the Internet BUT will also give them access to your local network. (Assuming you have a ADSL Router in place with internet Linked) This is the most inexpensive route.

- A access point is preferred. Connect a LAN cable to the WAN port on it.
    - A router will cause IP address conflicts on your network because it also has DHCP. Disable it or connect a LAN cable to the WAN port on if it has on.

A separate ADSL/Internet line is prefigured but more expensive.

Remember to change your password often else people WILL abuse it and bring down your client's speed.

Hope this helps.
    Grant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I changed a tool setting and it returns to old setting? [ 2 Answers ]

After I changed my tools setting to 100% zoom it returned back to the 125% picture. How do I keep the 100% setting%

What is wifi [ 10 Answers ]

I do not under stand what wifi is

Wifi vs Wireless and AT&T's Free Wifi Service [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everyone! I'm computer illiterate, and have a few questions. Please feel free to explain the most basic details. :) One, is wifi the same as a home wireless internet connection? If I disable Wireless Zero Configuration, could someone still utilize my free public wifi service at hotspots? ...

Wifi max and psp [ 1 Answers ]

First things first I bought a wifi max 4 ma psp and everything was working at first but now when I try 2 connect to the internet on ma psp all I get is this message " Communication with the server failed. A DNS server has occurred. (80410410) All my settings are correct and I think its nothing...

View more questions Search