Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taylord Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Graduation invitations
    My son is graduating from high school. Is it proper to send invitations to people who also have a child graduating at the same time?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Yes it is okay but what often happens - if they are all in the same graduating class, is that the Open House invitations are sent in lieu of the graduation announcement. With so many Open House gatherings to go to, parents are opting for the day before graduation or even the day after. Nice to keep them all straight!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Do you mean people whose children are graduating from the same school? If so then it's obviously not necessary since they are already going to be there. If it's people whose children are graduating from different schools, then try to be mindful of any conflicting times and send no invitations to the people whose childrens' graduations conflict with your own.
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 18, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Yes it is perfectly fine as you most likely will be receiving one from their parents/parent also. In fact they would probley be upset and hurt if they didn't get one .
    lacuran8626 Posts: 270, Reputation: 57

Apr 15, 2007, 10:36 AM
    I'd make the invitations for the party only and not mention the ceremony on them. I think the other parents of graduates are kind of like "co hosts" of the event in a way, so should not be invited to the ceremony additionally by you.

Invite the guests who are included in the ceremony verbally - my experience is that usually only immediate family and very close people like a best friend or girlfriend/boyfriend are invited to the ceremony. It's not like a wedding or Christening - it's perfectly appropriate to invite people to just the party. Very often, graduates are limited to only a few tickets for the ceremony, so it's not even possible to invite all the guests to the ceremony.
    Lillian42 Posts: 83, Reputation: 8

Apr 15, 2007, 08:01 PM
    I would invite them not every kid has there party right after graduation I remember when I graduated there were parties like 2 weeks before we even had graduated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For My Graduation Project [ 2 Answers ]

I have my graduation project this semester and I need help! First of all if you do not know what it is; it's a project that lasts all semester that includes a research paper, community service, and an interview. I have a problem with my interview, I don't know what to ask the person I am...

Daughter's graduation [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in knowing the appropriate amount for a father to spend on his daughter's college graduation present.

Early invitations... [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, first let me say that our wedding is FAR from traditional. Classy, but all our own. My fiancé and I are having a destination wedding. The guest list consists of 30-32 people, who all happen to be family or part of the bridal party. My initial thought was to send out invitations now. They...

College graduation gift [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a standard $$$ amount to give your child when graduating from college?

Wedding Invitations [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question about a friend of mine's wedding invitations. She has family from all over the world and is sending invitations to all of them. Knowing that some of them will be unable to attend due lack of time, money, etc... she is going to have a web cam at her wedding. Now does she place...

View more questions Search