Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hayz01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2012, 06:07 AM
    Rabbit had babies and they're scattered
    My rabbit just had baby's there all over the place 2 are dead and she already has 4week old baby's she tried to make a nest but it didn't work out what do I do I took the older rabbits out as soon as I seen her nesting and that was at 7pm and she had them at 11:30pm
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2012, 10:17 PM
    Get your rabbit spayed. You obviously don't know what you're doing and these new babies, from what you are describing, are inbred.

In the meantime, your best bet is to contact your vet for advice. "exotic" pets are little bit more sensitive to certain situations.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 9, 2012, 11:02 PM
    I'm a rabbit expert, have 4 of my own. The second batch of babies is likely scattered because mom can't care for them, and the 4 week old babies she already has. How you could let this happen is beyond me.

Separate the male from the female. A rabbit can get pregnant right after giving birth, as you now know.

Get the rabbit and her young to the vet immediately, and book a spay for your female.

You should not be breeding rabbits if you have no idea what you're doing, and frankly there are enough unwanted rabbits in the shelters already. :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it possible that a male rabbit and a female guinea pig can have babies [ 6 Answers ]

well we have two female guinea pigs and one male rabbit and one of the guinea pigs had two babies but unfortuateley they died is this possible everyone keeps telling me that its not but the babies looked kind of like a guinea pig x rabbit because guinea pigs are meant to be born with fur but these...

Can half rabbit and half guinea pig babies live [ 3 Answers ]

My female rabbit lives with a male guinea pig and is now pregnant, no there rabbits have been near her so he must be the father,what will happen, anyone know

I'm a firt time rabbit and is a rabbit OK in the weather where I live? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've looked in book and the internet and I've nothing I would like to know if I could keep a rabbit outside in when its warm and then bring him in when its cold because I'm afraid the weather where I live is to cold for him:confused:

View more questions Search