Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mbladouceur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2012, 07:55 PM
    13 year old dating a 16 year old
    I'm 13 and one weekend I ended up with this 16 year old guy and we madeout and didn't do too much but we've been talking and I think I like well I do like him ! Is it wrong for me to like a 16 year old guy? I want to date him so bad but I'm scared to tell my parents ! When my sister was 13 she dated a 16 year old ' is it wrong ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 4, 2012, 08:35 PM
    Its only wrong if your parent say so. Or you go behind their backs and don't tell them.
    lunabean Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2012, 08:49 PM
    Hi, I am also 13 and in a similar situation. So I get how it feels.. but you have to make sure he's not going to just use you and throw you away. If he's really who you think he is and you like him A LOT then I don't see why it would be wrong. And did your parents let your sister? Or did they not know? If they did let her then I don't see any reason for them not to let you :)

Hope this helped a little!
    Good luck!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 4, 2012, 08:59 PM
    You need your parents permission to date. If they say yes, you can date him. But, that's just dating, that means nothing sexual, including making out.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 5, 2012, 04:29 AM
    I'm bothered by what your definition of making out and not doing too much is. If there was ANY sexual contact, even touching through clothes, its likely he broke the law since you are underage.

More importantly, you sent the wrong message. If you allowed a boy to touch you inappropriately when you just "ended up" with him, that sends a message that you are easy. So any interest he has in you may be because he thinks he can get more out of you.

At 13 you are too young to date In my opinion. And you definitely are too young to date without parental permission. It is not wrong for you to like an older guy, its natural. It is wrong for you to act on it and especially to allow him liberties. And it is WAY wrong for you to be involved with boys without your parents knowledge and permission.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 5, 2012, 05:00 AM
    At 13, any sexual touching, even though the clothes is illegal in most US states. So the boy would have done something criminal. Next if this was a first date why are you already making out, sounds like boy wants a lot fast. So sex is not too far away at this rate.

But parents have to know about the dating and give permission

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search