Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    etyodada Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2012, 03:59 PM
    Name change in puerto rico
    79 yr old male born in PR.

Is and has been known as Xxxxx.

Social security card isued to Xxxxx. When he requested his SS card (looong time ago) the clerk asked him "What name do you want on your card?" He gave them a name he liked, Xxxxx; but that is not his name as registered on his birth certificate.

Worked all his life as Xxxxx and is receiving retirement and Social Security as Xxxxx.

Does not drive or has a driver's license.

Two bank accounts and 4 credit cards issued t him as Xxxxx.

Medicare card issued to Xxxxx.

Voter ID card --only ID with photo-- used in PR issued to Xxxxx.

His birth certificate name is Xxxxxxxxx and is not like Xxxxx.

On three sons' and one daughter's birth certificates he is listed as the father with the name Xxxxx.

He wants his legal name to be Xxxxx.

He moved to TX due to health reasons. (Long story read if you want. THe airline initially would not accept his ticket booked to Jaime since he has no picture ID. The voter registration card he has is not a valid form of ID. TSA and an affidavit stating Xxxxx and Xxxxxxxxx are the same person, he was finally allowed to leave.

Now with the name Xxxxx SS card, and the name Xxxxxxxxx on his BC can he get a valid TX state issued ID (with photo) as Xxxxx?

Or,. how do I go about getting this straigthened out?

Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Puerto Rico Vacation [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I are thinking of going to Puerto Rico for about 10 days at the end of January. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations for a beach front hotel? We realize it's short notice but it's about the only ten day stretch of time we have for ourselves.

How can I change my name legally in Puerto Rico? [ 0 Answers ]

What steps do I have to take? And also, how can I do it without* a lawyer? I don't have money for that. Please I need orientation because I haven't found any info. On it yet. Thanks.

Puerto rico birth certificate name change [ 0 Answers ]

How do I change spelling of my name & amend my birth certificate? I was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico and have lived in Illinois since I was a child. Puerto Rico's Demographic Registry website doesn't appear to have a form/application on line and calling them has been unsuccessful due to lack of...

Birth certificate name change in puerto rico? After finding my bio dad [ 1 Answers ]

My mother and my step father gave me my step dad's last name but now that I know and have a relationship with my Bio dad whom lives in Puerto Rico. I'm 34 years and live in Arizona. What can we do to get my last name changed legally? Does my mother and I need to go to Puerto Rico for a blood test?...

My son was born in jersey can I change his name at a court house in Puerto Rico? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused:I want to add my son's father name to his US birth certificate and change his his last name as well. I know I'd have to go to the court house and so on. But the thing is, we're living in the caribbean now, my son was born in New Jersey, do we have to go back to New Jersey to get it done,...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.