Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    statsjam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2012, 02:58 PM
    Should I use cluster analysis or latent class analysis for my dissertation?
    Hi,

I am testing the validity of model that posits why gifted students underachieve in school. There are three latent constructs: environmental perceptions, self-efficacy, and goal valuation. If students' attitudes are low toward any of these constructs, it is theorized they will lack self-regulation and underachieve in school. I have subscales from two different instruments (very reliable) to measure the constructs, a total of 41 questions.

I think a cluster analysis would be simpler to run, but I know that LCA has many advantages over a traditional cluster analysis. I am just not as familiar with LCA. Which would you recommend I use and why?

Thank you!

Check out some similar questions!

Energy, power latent heat - data analysis - power storage systems [ 33 Answers ]

1. One possible design for a storage power station is to use off-peak energy to compress air into a sealed underground canve and then, during periods of high demand, to reverse the system so that the air can drive a generator. one system of this type compresses air from the atmospheric pressure...

Energy, latent heat - data analysis- towing icebergs [ 10 Answers ]

Data: fresh water supply needed = 2x10^6 m3 per day distance from antarctica = 10^4 Km tug towing force = 5x10^6 N Towing speed = 0.8 m s-1 for iceberg of volume 10^8 m3 total cost to tow iceberg of 10^8 m3 = £18 million total cost to tow iceberg of 10^9 m3 = £35 million total running cost...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.