Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelique75 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2012, 08:52 AM
    Baby bearded dragon
    Hi there, I have purchased a baby bearded dragon baby 4days ago and he isn't eating his eaten 2 crickets the 1st day and 1 2nd day now all he does is sleep, please help me I I would really like to know what to do I have even tried feeding him seprate from his tank, please is anyone can help with a saloution thank you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2012, 09:05 AM
    Did you research the care and feeding of bearded dragons before you purchased it and did you buy from a reputable breeder? Here's a site to get you started: Bearded Dragons as Pets - Introduction

If you bought him from the breeder I would call and ask. If he's from a pet store they very well may know little about the animals they sell.

You can always try to find a Vet who treats "exotics."
    angelique75 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2012, 09:18 AM
    Thank you, but I purchased him from a pet store and they do breed with them they gave me a lot of info but said that he should be fine but I still am concerned about this as I can't see how its normal, I have read up a lot on them but still can't find a way to get him to eat normally as all the sites say he should eat at least for a day
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2012, 10:20 AM
    And the pet store doesn't know (and did you check their reputation?). I am not aware of a pet store that also breeds. "Most" pet stores buy and sell the babies but do not breed themselves.

In my area the "average" pet store treats small "exotics" as disposables - it dies, they replace it within X days. Sad but true.

At any rate if the info is not available I would call a Vet who specializes in "exotics."
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 4, 2012, 10:26 AM
    Call your public library's reference desk and ask. They will look it up and let you know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bearded dragon [ 1 Answers ]

My heat lamp has broke how long would my dragon take to go down hill

Bearded dragon help [ 1 Answers ]

So I have a 6 month old male bearded dragon and his tail is two shades(one darker then the other) and right where the color changes there is a bump in his tail .you can't see it but I can sure feel it.I don't think its tail rot because the underside of his tail is white

Bearded dragon help [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there Both my beardies are about a year and a half old. I keep them both in a 40 gallon tank with a basking spot with branches and forestry along with a brick below with holes big enough to hide in. They also have a uvb light. Their floor is sand and they have a water bowl. I've tried giving...

Bearded dragon help [ 2 Answers ]

Im writing this on behalf of my aunt who has two bearded dragons. A male and a female. A couple months ago they noticed the female was chewing on the males leg, since they didn't see any damage they brushed it off, now the female has completely eaten the males front leg... I have looked online but...

Bearded dragon [ 8 Answers ]

I was just curious if anyone else on site has 1? I have a super red and his 1 yr old. I'll post pics when I get home, I h ope you do the same. Dragons are awsome :) :D ha ha

View more questions Search