Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    knovick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2012, 08:12 AM
    Antique four prong phone conversion to modern phone jack
    I have an antique phone that came with a four prong phone jack. How do I rewire it so it will work with a regular phone jack?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 4, 2012, 09:17 AM
    The easiest way to connect it to a standard modular wall jack is with an adapter, like this:

Amazon.com: 4 PRONG TELEPHONE ADAPTER PLUG: Everything Else

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Antique four prong phone conversion [ 7 Answers ]

I have a old phone, the 3 wires ( yellow, red, and blue) are connected to a four prong plug. I want to update it, to use with a new plug in phone jack. Thank-you for any help you can offer. Debbera

Is phone service required for DSL connection via phone jack [ 3 Answers ]

I am setting up a DSL internet service with ATT which requires a phone Jack but there's no phone service for a land line? Other than the service and purchasing a router do I also need to arrange phone service to the jack?

I need to rewire phone jack to match main phone number [ 10 Answers ]

I had 2 phone lines coming into house and recently cancelled 1. I would like to rewire cancelled # phone jack to receive my other number so all house phones will be on the same line.I have been playing around with the switch over. I have looked at the other house jacks and tried to duplicate still...

I want to convert a phone jack to be the main phone jack. How do I do that? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to use the phone jack in my basement to connect my Vonage phone adapter in order to distribute the service to all phone jacks in my house. But I need to convert it to the "main" jack in order for the Vonage signal to be distributed. I was told I should be able to convert this jack to the...

Rewiring my phone jack so that I can have my phone on one and my internet [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting internet in my house and the phone co. said I had to rewirer the line in my bedroom so it would not mess with my other phone line how do I rewire it and do you have a pic I could go by

View more questions Search