Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alvarado8 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 12:40 PM
    Real Estate
    I purchased a house on land contract --- The warranty deed is in one persons name and he quick claimed the house to his girlfriend. She is the one who I have the land contract with. Is it legal? And can he take the house back?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2007, 12:44 PM
    OK, once he QUIT CLAIM (not guick claim) he no longer owns the property, the girlfriend owns it. The new deed ends the old one.
    It does not matter what type of deed, warranty , special, quit, they are all legal deeds.

As long as you have a contract with the person listed on the most recent deed.

And if he has a lien on the house (selling it to his girlfriend) he could foreclose of course. But if she sells the house to anyone else, they are required to honor and accept any contract, or lease or rental on the home.
    alvarado8 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 12:28 PM
    (Thanks for correcting my grammar) --- my original question was this
    I purchased a house on land contract --- The warranty deed is in one persons name and he quit claimed the house to his girlfriend. She is the one who I have the land contract with. Is it legal? And can he take the house back?

What I did not include was ---

Raymond - purchased the house and financed it through a bank. There is still a balance owed to the bank. He then Quit Claimed it to Diane (girlfriend). She then signed a land contract with me --- Does this change you anser?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real Estate [ 1 Answers ]

What is Bargain and Sale Deed used for? I want to transfer title from one individual to his/her solely owned corporation

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

Real estate [ 3 Answers ]

How do I put my name on my wife's house deed

Real Estate [ 3 Answers ]

Does any one here know about real estate. I'm wondering which aspect of the whole career is best as in buying a house fixing it up and selling or going through companies. Or if they are two totally different things in all. Just any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Real Estate [ 7 Answers ]

We Are Selling Our Home Which Has Two Separate Properties. The People Who Want To Buy Both Properties Put In A Contract. Now They Wish To Divide To Two Contracts One For Each Property. Please Note That Both Properties Are Separately Addressed And Separately Deeded. If We Agree To This Are They...

View more questions Search