Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kite9200 Posts: 43, Reputation: -1

Dec 3, 2012, 09:21 PM
    Need help with a Huckberry Finn assignment
    n:Huckleberry Finn mentions that he wishes the widow douglas could know about his efforts to save the men on the wreck of the water scott. Pretend that you are huck and write a letter to the widow, explaining the situation and what you did about it. Try to copy the speech and spelling patterns twain uses for huck. Be sure to include at least one statement of your philosophy about this situation. This is supposed to be a 2 paragraph letter.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 3, 2012, 09:30 PM
    Are you looking for someone to write this for you?

Dec 3, 2012, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    Are you looking for someone to write this for you?
    Just help me pleSe I'm desperate!!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 3, 2012, 10:00 PM
    Did you read the book?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2012, 10:06 PM
    Read the book then give it a shot. I'm happy to edit your response for you to make it better, but hey - we're not here to do your homework FOR you - we're just glad to help you with it.

Dec 23, 2012, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    Read the book then give it a shot. I'm happy to edit your response for you to make it better, but hey - we're not here to do your homework FOR you - we're just glad to help you with it.

Wow!
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 23, 2012, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kite9200 View Post
    Wow!
    Wow, what?

You didn't like that answer? Did you read the book at all? It shouldn't be hard to do if you read it.

We're not allowed to do homework for you or anyone else and honestly, even if we were, nobody here is going to take the time to write this out for you anyway. I would suggest that if you want help, to follow the advice you were already given here.

Dec 23, 2012, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Wow, what?

You didn't like that answer? Did you read the book at all? It shouldn't be hard to do if you read it.

We're not allowed to do homework for you or anyone else and honestly, even if we were, nobody here is going to take the time to write this out for you anyway. I would suggest that if you want help, to follow the advice you were already given here.
    I read that stupid book but I just hate the stupid author for writing such a dumb book. Do you know any freakin site that could help me out this stupid question? God!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2012, 02:26 PM
    What Huck did is in Chapter 13. Can you find the conversation Huck had with the ferry watchman and what Huck asked him to do and why? Reread that section and it will give you help and ideas for writing the letter.
    Entomology Expert

Dec 23, 2012, 02:42 PM
    I read that stupid book but i just hate the stupid author for writing such a dumb book. Do you know any freakin site that could help me out this stupid question? God!
    Nobody will help you with that attitude.
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2012, 07:32 PM
    I'm sure this assignment was due long ago but as I see the posting continues, I have to tell you, I'm not trying to be mean but honestly - you need to learn how to read and analyze and write about books to do well in future years in school, and it would do you no favors to do that for you. At many times in my life I have struggled financially and my ability to write has saved me many times over. It's a really valuable skill - worth a lot of money. I want you and all young people to learn it.

I was willing to spend considerable time helping you but not to do it for you. If you had given us any evidence of an effort at all, well, we would have helped you.

As for Mark Twain, he's actually considered by just about anyone who knows literature to be among the best American writers of all time, if not THE best. I question your claim that you read the book because it is very entertaining and not hard to read because it is so well written. If you didn't read it for the assignment, please do for your own entertainment.

It's a great thing to learn that reading is fun and enjoyable - you need to give it a chance. Just because it's assigned for school doesn't mean it will be boring.

And just as writing has gotten me through hard times, so has reading. When things are too hard in life, I'm bored, I'm stuck at an airport, have too much on my mind or have trouble falling asleep - when I make my long daily commute to work on the train - I read books. I had your attitude about reading when I was young but man, now it's one of my favorite things to do. Give it a chance - truly, just try.

Dec 24, 2012, 08:49 PM
    Where can I find Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finns notes
    Please find some web sites on huckleberry finn stuff and I really need it
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 24, 2012, 10:47 PM
    Google with keywords of what you want to find. Of course, you will not find a perfect sample. You will get hints and helps but not the perfect homework answer. SparkNotes, schmoop, and Wikipedia are good sites.
    Entomology Expert

Dec 25, 2012, 10:55 AM
    Please find some web sites on huckleberry finn stuff and I really need it
    If you really read the book like you claimed you did a few posts ago, you wouldn't need notes from web sites. Good luck skating through life and always looking for the easy way out.
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2012, 03:44 PM
    This kid does not want to read the book, Google the book or find out why Huck has to write to the widow. They could find this out from looking at Sparknotes or Cliff Notes at the library in about five minutes but want someone to do their homework. Forget it!

Sorry kid - the effort you're putting in (none) deserves a failing grade. On this site, people are really helpful but we don't work for you and are here to help, not to do things for people that end up supporting them in growing up to be intellectually weak and lazy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Assignment [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please help with this? Topic:The application of requirements Analysis and Design to Computer Networks

Huckleberry finn [ 0 Answers ]

Where did jim get his hairball?

First Assignment [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Well I have returned to college for the first time in 12 years and previous courses I have been on have not called for me to produce assignment. I have had a look on the internet but have not had much luck. I was wondering if there was a standard layout for assignment. i.e. contents page,...

View more questions Search