Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashrus827 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2012, 07:44 PM
    Custody matters
    I have a little girl that will be 2 in July and her biological father has not been in her life since before she was born due to being in prison for molesting a child... and got pretty much 14 yrs... I am had gotten married and my husband is wanting to adopt her and his family does know about it and seems oka with it... would anyone know if I could do it without his permission or what should do.
    ashrus827 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2012, 07:48 PM
    I am had gotten married^^ my bad I have gotten married. Sorry!
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Dec 6, 2012, 08:03 PM
    No one can adopt a child without agreement or termination of parental rights through court. You have to file in court for TPR.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 7, 2012, 04:06 AM
    I strongly urge that you hire an attorney to process the adoption petition. If the bio father will sign a relinquishment of parental rights as part of the adoption, this should be easy an inexpensive. However, if he refuses, then you have to make sure the adoption petition is prepared fully legally.

In your situation it is highly likely that a court will agree to the adoption whether the bio father agrees or not, but the bio father needs to be contacted and his agreement solicited.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you think age matters? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 19 and Im planning to hook up with a guy he's 32? Is that to old?

Family Matters concerning custody [ 3 Answers ]

My x husband has had sole care of my three boys for some years and I pay child support for my youngest child who is 17 yrs. All the boys and x husband live in the home that I purchased before we were married. We have a mortgage due to renovations. My x is paying off the mortgage, rates and...

Divorice and custody matters [ 4 Answers ]

My Friend Is Currently Going Through Divorice And His Wife Took His Son And Refuses To Let Him See Or Call Is This Even Legal Every Time His Son Tries To Call Someone Over His House Takes The Phone And Hangs Up On My Friend Is There Anything He Can Do About This?

Money matters [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was out of towm and I had this real life dream he walked in and sat on the be and asked me where the money was and walked out I was telling myself that I was a wake but could still feel and hear him.

View more questions Search