Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jyvonne22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2012, 05:51 PM
    Help for the needy children in birmingham al
    Unable to buy my grandson anything for Christmas due to my illness. Can anyone help? Alabama
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 3, 2012, 06:38 PM
    Call your public library reference desk. They have information about area churches, agencies, and charities that will help you get together some nice gifts for your grandson.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 3, 2012, 06:39 PM
    I've asked the moderators to remove your address from this post. Please do not post personal information on the internet, it's dangerous, and it's against the rules of this site.

Christmas is a very difficult time financially for many families. The majority of long term members on this site are struggling to make ends meet, and can barely give their own families a Christmas.

There are charities out there. Check if your town has a Santas Anonymous. The way it works is that you sign up, and if they deem your application acceptable, they'll send a toy to the child you list on your application. I'm not sure if it would work for a grandmother though, not unless the child lives with you.

Your local church may also be able to help.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 3, 2012, 07:24 PM
    Speak to the principal at his school. Most schools help needy families if they are asked. The school can also refer your name to the appropriate agency for assistance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 4, 2012, 01:32 AM
    Can the child's parents merely help buy one gift,

And it is not the "thing" they break, get lost and seldom are there in a few months. Take the gift of time with the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Closed School Transcripts in Birmingham, AL [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to further my education but I need my unofficial transcript from a prior business college I went to back in 1990. (Rice Business College) The school has closed and I am lost as to what to do now. Can you help me?

How deep to dig water main in Birmingham, AL. For frost line? [ 1 Answers ]

We are building a new house and want to run the water line ourselves. How deep should the line be so as not to freeze in Birmingham, AL.

View more questions Search