Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jalikoka Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2012, 03:56 PM
    Christmas charity for needy families in hamilton Ohio
    Hello, my name is Lisa. I have 2 sons, ages 4 and 8 years old and am a single mother. I recently lost all transportation, my job and family services benefits were reduced MAJORLY and I've been going through a severe depression worrying how I will provide a Christmas for my babies. I don't know if I'm contacting the right place but I know that I'm running out of time and praying continuously that we will get a miracle this year and I can find help to provide my children with gifts this year. Please let me know if I'm contacting the right dept or place. Thank you for taking time to read. God bless and may all your holidays be filled with joy.
    >email address removed<
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 3, 2012, 04:01 PM
    All you have to do is call your county's human resource department and ask for help. Also, many churches are willing to lend a hand and direct you toward other helps. Catholic Charities and Lutheran Social Services probably have something in your area, and they offer amazing helps. If all else fails (and none of that should), call the reference desk at your local public library to ask for information such as phone numbers and contact names of helping agencies and charities in your area.

You do have to make an effort to call and connect.

Dec 3, 2012, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    All you have to do is call your county's human resource department and ask for help. Also, many churches are willing to lend a hand and direct you toward other helps. Catholic Charities and Lutheran Social Services probably have something in your area, and they offer amazing helps. If all else fails (and none of that should), call the reference desk at your local public library to ask for information such as phone numbers and contact names of helping agencies and charities in your area.

You do have to make an effort to call and connect.
    I've called several places so far and have not received any response yet, I'm just hoping to not run out of time. One of the places being the salvation army advertising the needy family christmas help. Thank you very much for responding.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 3, 2012, 04:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jalikoka View Post
    I've called several places so far and have not received any response yet, I'm just hoping to not run out of time. one of the places being the salvation army advertising the needy family christmas help. thank you very much for responding.
    Keep calling and, like I said, check with the library reference desk. I'm sure there are churches in your area that are looking for kids to give a nice Christmas to. Those same churches probably put together food baskets for families that have fallen on tough times.

Keep me informed. I am here all the times and will watch this thread.

Dec 3, 2012, 04:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Keep calling and, like I said, check with the library reference desk. I'm sure there are churches in your area that are looking for kids to give a nice Christmas to. Those same churches probably put together food baskets for families that have fallen on tough times.

Keep me informed. I am here all the times and will watch this thread.
    I will do, thank you very much.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 3, 2012, 04:24 PM
    I just called your library. The librarian said I am on the exactly right track with all that I have posted here. They welcome you to call or come in (ask at the circulation desk which is combined with the reference desk), and they will put together a list of people and places and phone numbers for you.

Dec 3, 2012, 04:47 PM
    Beautiful, you're an amazing help. I'll look up and try calling now. Lane public in hamilton, right?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 3, 2012, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jalikoka View Post
    Beautiful, you're an amazing help. i'll look up and try calling now. lane public in hamilton, right?
    Thanks. I'm a retired librarian. :) I know who to call for help. Very nice librarians are waiting to help you. I did not give them your name, just mentioned "a friend in Hamilton."

Yup, Lane Library, Hamilton.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 4, 2012, 01:42 AM
    But remember, Christmas is not about "things" some simple items, even used toys, share time, bake some cookies together perhaps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does Hamilton County Ohio use the ETG testing? [ 0 Answers ]

I am on probation for my first DUI. I was just curious if my color comes up what kind of test I will be forced to submit. If anyone has an educated answer I would greatly appreciate a response.

How to get a mobile home from charity for a needy family? [ 1 Answers ]

Family of 3 needs at least a 3 bedroom mobile home from a charity of someone who wants to donate for a good cause. The trailer they live in is only 2 bedroom and in serious need for repairs that cannot be fixed without the financial means. Any charity of person who can help would greatly be...

Does tri state phlebotomy in hamilton county, Ohio do EtG testing? [ 1 Answers ]

My buddy has been peeing for tri-state phlebotomy for the past 5 months. He drinks everyday and if his number gets called at 3p.m. for the next day, he stops. Basically, he only allows 24 hours for alcohol to get out of his system. Is this true for tri -state phlebotomy?

Christmas baskets and or toys for needy families [ 3 Answers ]

I have 5 year old twins and i just need so direction as to were to go for help for christmas... i have recently been diagnoised with lung disease and i have missed some time from work and i used up all of my sick days therefore my pay checks or reduces. I also have a 19yr old son that is a...

View more questions Search