Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dodgedummy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2005, 11:43 PM
    2001- Dodge Ram 1500- DTC P0445, P0442
    Does anyone know exactly how I can troubleshhot the problems with these codes. I've already changed the gas cap after Autozone said the PO442 code showed up. A day later the light came back on. Replaced fuel cap again with no success in keeping the check engine light off. Then Autozone said there was a small leak and a big leak in the evaporative emissions system. These are the codes they pulled up today. I have a print-out from Auto Zone with very brief details on what the codes mean.

Does anyone know what I need to check or replace?
    goldfish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2005, 02:31 PM
    RE: Dodge Ram 1500 DTC P0445,P0442
    AutoZone was incorrect. The codes stand for a leak in the evaporative system. Best thing to do is take it to a dealer or a trusted mechanic. The tubing can get extensive. You may want to look at a Tee connector next to the evaporater (Black can on left side of engine) these sometimes erode.
    hipih8er Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Dec 20, 2009, 10:30 AM

The evap system is located on the left side under the hood ( standing in front facing engine) there are several small components to it and several vaccuum line also check all lines all the way back down the pass. Side of the vehicle to the evap canister on the pass side front of bed mounted to the outside of the frame rail check for cracks and loose fitting hoses, the problem could also be the valves at the front pass side of the eng. comp. a haynes man. And a vaccuum gauge will instruct you how to troubleshoot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

01 Dodge Ram 1500 Heater/AC Problems [ 5 Answers ]

Hi There, I have a Dodge Ram 1500 2001. I bought it used and it seems to have heater issues. Whenever I have the AC on and I slow down or go down hill the heater will all of a sudden kick on. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/eek.gif :eek: Any thoughts on how I can fix this? ...

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Towing [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what the towing capacity is for a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 with a 360 and an automatic transmision? I bought it a few months ago and it didn't come with an owners manual.

2001 dodge ram 1500 oil leak [ 1 Answers ]

My dodge ram v6 is leaking oil from the shaft tha comes out of the water pump. There is no oil in the water. Is there a seal that can be raplaced by removing only the fan or is this going to be a total nightmare??

Dodge 1500 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dodge Ram 2001 pickup. My cluster gauges just went out but the lights work OK. I checked the fuse at the fuse box and they are OK. I know their must be a fuse in the Power Distribution Center, but I don't know which one it is as none of them refer to the cluster. Anyone know where I want...

View more questions Search