Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jeha Posts: 81, Reputation: 10

Dec 2, 2012, 10:29 PM
    Income Vs girlfriend opinions?
    quick and simply I want opinions for this, I'm in my early 20's and in college, currently have basically no steady income, however I want to get a girlfriend, I understand that when having a girlfriend cash comes in handy but I want to know your opinions, should I still attempt to get a girlfriend or just wait till I have a job and steady income, and honesty I'm not sure when that will be if my college goals goes according to plan- meaning I will not have time to even work if I'm accepted into the program I'm trying to get into. Plus I a have been single for about 7 years even then still had no money, main reason I haven't had a girlfriend is because I've been waiting to get money.

P.s
    the girl I'm interested in has a job steady income, a car, and is in school as well. Me vs her= I fail
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 2, 2012, 10:33 PM
    Is that all it boils down to and all we are worth -- money??

You don't GET a girlfriend. You can't buy them at the grocery store or at Walmart.

There are tons of things to do without money. Fun things, romantic things, serious things, educational things. I suggest you stay single until you understand what being in a relationship means.
    emersonkelly Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Dec 2, 2012, 11:44 PM
    Being single is better and please concentrate on your career. After getting settled concentrate on getting girl friend!

Dec 3, 2012, 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Is that all it boils down to and all we are worth -- money?????

You don't GET a girlfriend. You can't buy them at the grocery store or at Walmart.

There are tons of things to do without money. Fun things, romantic things, serious things, educational things. I suggest you stay single until you understand what being in a relationship means.
    Sorry!
    I felt the way I worded it was kind of rushed, count not think of a better word then "get", I'm completely aware you can't buy them. And no you are not worth just money, what I meant was that I can't really go to the movies, bowling, possible even shopping, money comes in handy it runs the world basically and I don' have it. Its embarrassing if I can't even take my girl/ women out and pay for the event what ever it maybe.

By the way... what are these fun things you speak of, OK romantic things I have a good idea ( not sexual things).
    I believing being with a partner means be happy with one another faults, share intimate and not intimate things with one another, just being happy when in the company of one another, comfort, talking, being there and supporting one another emotionally physically, and mentally. Sharing good and bad moments, well that's some of it I believe.
    Still I feel that till one is in a relationship they could never really know what a relationship is about.

Thank you for your opinion

Dec 3, 2012, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by emersonkelly View Post
    Being single is better and please concentrate on your career. After getting settled concentrate on getting girl friend!!
    . Well I can't say if it better or not only because its been 7 years since my last relationship and I don't even count those.

Plus I'm constantly surrounded by females on a daily basis its crazy
    ( not complaining )

Thank you for your opinion
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 4, 2012, 01:39 AM
    A girlfriend is a friend, first and above all, so you don't have a lot of money, you do some free things, theypay part of costs,

Homeless people with no money may have a girlfriend they share time with.

High school students with no money, no job, have girl friends.

This surely can't be the only issue ?

Dec 4, 2012, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    A girlfriend is a friend, first and above all, so you don't have a lot of money, you do some free things, theypay part of costs,

Homeless people with no money may have a girlfriend they share time with.

high school students with no money, no job, have girl friends.

This surely can't be the only issue ?
    I'm not sure about that, when I was in high school my peer always had money as if they had a job.
    I understand what you are saying though
    I can say this though,I've possible formed these ideas because of my friends, watching my friends and there girlfriends have basically lead me to feel this way I guess.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2012, 04:23 PM
    First and foremost, you ought to ask this girl out no matter what. If she asks about your finances, be honest. If she doesn't like what she hears, then to hell with her; it's her loss.

Second; money definitely helps. While free activities can be fun, they get old fast. Staying in on Friday nights watching the same DVDs or playing the same board games will cause insanity.

In short, ask her out. Don't worry about money, it will come.

Dec 5, 2012, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot_oi View Post
    First and foremost, you ought to ask this girl out no matter what. If she asks about your finances, be honest. If she doesn't like what she hears, then to hell with her; it's her loss.

Second; money definitely helps. While free activities can be fun, they get old fast. Staying in on Friday nights watching the same DVDs or playing the same board games will cause insanity.

In short, ask her out. Don't worry about money, it will come.
    Thank you I like your reply

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convert the Ekland absorption income statement to a contribution margin income statem [ 1 Answers ]

All divisions use standard absorption costing. The division has the capacity to produce 50,000 units a quarter and quarterly fixed overhead amounts to $500,000. Variable production cost is $45 per unit. Roland has been looking at the report for the first three months of the year and is not happy...

My girlfriend wants to take a break. Your opinions please. [ 5 Answers ]

Just today my girlfriend of 4 months told me that she needs a break from the relationship and take two steps back into being friends. Our relationship has been perfect no fights or quarrels. I asked if I have changed, she told me that its not me, I haven't changed, there's nothing I've done wrong...

I make more income than my girlfriend, who should claim the mortgage interest? [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I own a home together. I made $65k while my girlfriend made $56k. She receives rental property income of $10k a year. Who would benefit more from claiming the mortgage interest on our home?

I don't understand my girlfriend. Give some opinions [ 3 Answers ]

Hey. I've been with my girlfriend for 4 months now. There are times when we get very intimate. But there's only one problem. She's a virgin. We have done everything else besides actually engage in sex. There have been many times where we got close, but she never lets it happen. There are even...

EX girlfriend is abusing me! Thoughts? Opinions? [ 79 Answers ]

Hey All, Just stopping by to gripe a little so I do not break my NC. I would say its been about 8 weeks so far that me and my ex girl are broken up. She called my cousin because he got engaged and she also called my grandmother to say hi and all. We also have a few mutual friends that I still...

View more questions Search