Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kawaiichan Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2012, 10:06 PM
    Travelling
    I've read on so many sites that sometimes another country can get a hold of your youth record and deny you entry to that country. Has that happened to you or anyone you know?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 3, 2012, 05:28 AM
    You can travel to any counry on a passport; but if you are a previous offender with criminal record you may not be able to get a visa to travel. When issuing a visa to travel, they do a background check on the applicant.

Of course it has happened to anyone who has a criminal record and wants to travel.

Almost any country in Europe will not allow previous offenders access to their countries.
    kawaiichan Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2012, 01:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    You can travel to any counry on a passport; but if you are a previous offender with criminal record you may not be able to get a visa to travel. When issuing a visa to travel, they do a background check on the applicant.

Of course it has happened to anyone who has a criminal record and wants to travel.

Almost any country in Europe will not allow previous offenders access to their countries.
    I was referring to a youth record. Youth records are different from criminal records. I saw in another site that other countries may get a hold of your youth record, but I was wondering if that actually happened to anybody.
    Expert

Dec 12, 2012, 04:38 AM
    European countries are not given access to youth records, which expires when you turn l8 (in Canada).

Please provide the link where it indicated they can see your youth record; this is erroneous.

It has not happened to me or anyone I know, and obviously no one else here as there are no other answers but mine.

If you are Canadian, your passport opens up borders, not closes them down. No other passport is so valuable.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2012, 04:43 AM
    The youth records in Canada and youth records in the US that were done in Juv court are sealed and not available for immigration. Exceptions are if you were tried as a adult, did not go to Juv court.

Also not all nations seal Juv records, so it can depend on where the Juv is from.
    Expert

Dec 12, 2012, 03:05 PM
    Yes, that is perfectly true, chuck, and a better way of stating it. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Travelling to the USA [ 3 Answers ]

While waiting for an green card, can I travel within the USA?

Travelling to the US [ 3 Answers ]

I am planning on booking a flight from Manchester to Chicago. I will be age 17 at the time of the flight and travelling alone, and I was wondering if that is allowed (flying with British airways) and if so what forms would we need to fill out for this?

Travelling alone! [ 3 Answers ]

Just after Christmas I am travelling from Australia to Europe alone (I am 16 years old). Although I have travelled that distance before it has never been without my parents. I am fine with the flight itself and being away from home but I am rather worried about the stopover(s). I am scared that...

Travelling on OPT [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. I am going to complete my studies in Dec.-2008.. And, after that I want to go to India.. and also want to return to USA.. So what should I need to do.. Is it possile to return on OPT? IF yes, then when should I apply for OPT.. Can I travel with new I-20 for other course as I'll be...

Travelling to Canada [ 3 Answers ]

As a permanent resident of usa, do I need visa to travel to canada by road?

View more questions Search