Ask

View Poll Results: December 22 or Not?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Will the Earth be devistated on December 21

0 0%
  • Were the Mayans nuts?

1 8.33%
  • Are people who think the world will end nuts?

11 91.67%
  • Do you have any New Era resolutions?

1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2012, 09:31 PM
    APPARENTLY ZOMBIES ARE IT IN THE US!

Really don't these people have anything better to do. Spoof or not, news has emerged that the Department of Homeland Security sent people to ZOMBIE training. Really?

Zombie Apocalypse. Is this how the world will end? | News.com.au

Walking dead, honestly? You have seen too many horror movies.

Although I have to admit I have seen some of the walking dead around here, where's my machette?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-o...b_2228988.html
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2012, 03:51 AM
    Got to game for every scenario
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2012, 05:26 AM
    No Walking Dead for 2 months... argggg...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 7, 2012, 07:09 AM
    Its not the stories and theory's that make up the Mayan calender, but the accuracy of predicting the position of the stars and heavenly bodies through observation over many years. That's science, and in that they were very accurate.
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2012, 03:45 PM
    Yeah well they had nothing better to do, but given the weather in that part of the world you would wonder how they got it done
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 7, 2012, 08:38 PM
    Tropics?? And I doubt the whole society was tracking the night skies, more likely a scientist type like Franklin who published an almanac for the farmers in America.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2012, 02:44 PM
    Yeah americans of various persuasions have a habit of doing that, go figure
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2012, 08:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    it is optional you know
    As is rudeness.
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2012, 08:43 PM
    [B]

All I can say is the end of her world is indeed coming
    Bold prediction.

Days? Hours? Months? Years? I'm going to costco this weekend so id like to know how many cases of chai tea to buy cause I'm a real b@astard without a cup of hot tea... sooo... you are the man with the plan in hand.

You state it is coming.

That seems to imply a deadline looming.

I'm not on the looming deadline email list.

So...

All you.go.
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2012, 08:57 PM
    Julia must face an election in 2013, and as she is the most unpopular Prime Minister certainly in living memory, therefore I predict her demise, The day and the hour is known only to her. Now as to tea, if you want to have another tea party over there, apparently two was never enough, I suggest you buy a ship load as it may become in short supply at any time, and not necessarily as a result of natural disaster.

It is not rudeness to state the obvious
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2012, 09:11 PM
    Julia must face an election in 2013, and as she is the most unpopular Prime Minister certainly in living memory, therefore I predict her demise, . the day and the hour is known only to her. Now as to tea, if you want to have another tea party over there, apparently two was never enough, I suggest you buy a ship load as it may become in short supply at any time, and not necessarily as a result of natural disaster.

It is not rudeness to state the obvious
    Its not wrong to point out obvious rudeness, however expected and common.
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2012, 09:13 PM
    Still.. the deadline... you fail to prophet.. it be somewhere looming soon. Ish. Er.
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2012, 09:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171 View Post
    still.. the deadline... you fail to prophet.. it be somewhere looming soon. ish. er.
    I don't make prophecies on demand, future events are not at my command

What you can be sure of is the world will not end because of the end of the Mayan count
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2012, 06:45 PM
    Just an update, folks, the 21st December has dawned bright and beautifull in that place where we get the news first and it is now after Midday, so the catacylism has been given a reasonable chance to take hold, but alas, we are still here, enjoying the endless sunshine and clean air

So all I can say to the doomsdaysayers, is; up your nose with a rubber hose and Merry Christmas
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Dec 20, 2012, 07:36 PM
    Just an update, folks, the 21st December has dawned bright and beautifull in that place where we get the news first and it is now after Midday, so the catacylism has been given a reasonable chance to take hold, but alas, we are still here, enjoying the endless sunshine and clean air

so all i can say to the doomsdaysayers, is; up your nose with a rubber hose and Merry Christmas
    Well that's quite a change from what you said a few posts ago. What about you saying the end of the world is near?

Too funny!

Oh and thank you Kp, thank you for backing me up. I, however, do not take anything this clown says to heart. He is a smart a$$ in every thread. So, it doesn't surprise me...
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2012, 08:09 PM
    Hey I never said it was going to happen, haven't you heard of sarcasm? Didn't you read the header?
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2012, 04:19 AM
    Is anyone out there?
    http://www.news.com.au/

http://www.news.com.au/features/maya...-1226542080733
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2012, 04:28 AM
    Can't go by Aussie time... The Myans lived in Mexico . We have until midnight GMT zones S and T
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Dec 21, 2012, 07:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    can't go by Aussie time ... The Myans lived in Mexico . We have until midnight GMT zones S and T
    Actually it was at midnight the 21, which has already passed, so I think it is safe to say we will be just fine.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 21, 2012, 07:50 AM
    Due to technical Difficulties.The scheduled END OF WORLD event has been postponed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have Drug n Alcohol test on Monday morning, Can I drink beer on Friday and Sat nigh [ 1 Answers ]

I have Drug n Alcohol test on Monday morning, Can I drink beer on Friday and Sat night... I normaly drink 3 beer on fri and sat night which is extra dry platinum which contains 6.5 % in 345 ml bottel... will it affet me on Monday...

Should I tell my boyfriend of 5 years I had a one nigh stand with someone else? [ 9 Answers ]

Should I tell my boyfriend of 5 years that I had a one night stand twice and could possibly be pregnant? My boyfriend and I have been together for 5 years living in Tennessee, but the relationship was a rocky one at best. One day I received a job offer to move back to my home state, and I took...

View more questions Search