Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mnicholas81 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2012, 05:49 PM
    Traveling with food
    I have someone visiting me in the United States from South America soon, and they offered to bring me some dry soybeans because they are much cheaper there. Would that be a problem? What are the rules about transporting food internationally?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 3, 2012, 05:36 AM
    They could transport dry soybeans; the problem arises with live plants through customs. The weight might be a factor in their luggage though, depending on how many soybeans they are bringing up.

I live in Canada and soybeans are not expensive here.
    alice_haley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2012, 12:56 AM
    Dry Soyabeans won't create any problem dry things can be easily imported. Eatable are not allowed like some kind of snacks if you think you want to eat it on plane that is not possible. But Soyabeans are absolutely fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Food invention (registration of a food product?) [ 12 Answers ]

I have thought up a good idea for a new food product and would like to offer it to a company, but to do that (I was informed by my dad) I need proof that this idea is mine so no one can steal it and such, registration of a food product? I need to know how to go on to this. A website perhaps? Please...

I changed her food and she poops 3x the amount could this be due to the new food? [ 6 Answers ]

I changed my dogs food and she seems to be pooping three times the amount that she use too. She use to go 2 maybe 3 times a day now she goes like 8 times a day. Could this be due to the new food?

Why Fast food restaurants Have signs saying their food might cause Cancer? [ 2 Answers ]

I saw a sign outside jackn the box, saying that their foods are cooked in something that creates their food to have posibliity of causing cancer. My question is... if that's a risk to consumers, then why even make the food that way? Can't they cook it in a healthier form? And doesn't the FDA...

My dog stop eating his dog food or drink but he will eat table food [ 6 Answers ]

Last week we took a long road trip and took our dog with us. On the trip he eat his food with no problems but we did give him table food at times. Now he will not eat his food unless it's mixed with table food and he will no drink from his water bowl. Can you help? Should I take him to the vet?

View more questions Search