Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    occhiconki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2012, 05:01 PM
    does using hand with boxers fracture slow recovery?
    I have a boxer's fracture on my right hand (I am right handed). It happened 2 nights ago. The ER Dr. straightened out the bone and the x-ray afterwards shows the bone was set nicely. I have a half cast with my thumb and first 2 fingers out. There's a little play in the cast and I can wiggle the 4th and 5th fingers a slight bit.

My question is whether I should attempt to use this hand at all. I can do some small tasks with the hand (i.e. use computer mouse, brush teeth... ) These small things sometimes cause pain, sometimes not. Of course I understand that the bone is broken so it ought to hurt. What I am wondering is [if the pain is the bone moving and am wondering if using the hand at all will slow healing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 2, 2012, 04:22 AM
    As long as the support does not allow movement, the rest of the hand can be used normally

Only you and your doctor know your medical history, this was and is a question for your doctor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elbow fracture recovery [ 0 Answers ]

My 12 year son had a radial head fracture on his left elbow five months ago. The doctors performed immediate surgery and inserted K-wire. After 41 day they removed the K-wire. The physiotherepy is being performed from the very next day of surgery. After 5 months, there is still lag of 20-25% in...

Gerber 99-646 Pilot Valve noisy when flushed--slow water recovery also [ 1 Answers ]

I have a toilet containing a Gerber 99-646 Pilot Valve. When the toilet is flushed, there is a noise like a fog horn in the pipes and it takes unusually long for the water to refill into the tank. One the water refills, the noise stops. Though all 4 toilets in our condo have the same Pilot Valve,...

How can I get my boxers to gain weight [ 15 Answers ]

Hello! I have 2 boxers that needs to gain weight! Doyle is almost 7 and is rated right in between too thin and ideal. Drake is 5 and he's rated the same as Doyle but he is shorter then Doyle. I can see their rib cage but not their hip bones. I hope I'm explaining this right! They don't really have...

Slow water pressure recovery [ 12 Answers ]

The infrastructure: 42 Gal pressure tank (16 years old) Square D Pressure Switch (>1 yr old) Private well - new about 10 years ago Both units are in the same house - unit #2 is an addition to unit#1. the split in the feed for both is outside of the house. -----unit...

Whereabouts of retired boxers [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know a email, mail, phone, address, or site I can find out where some great oldtime boxers are located. I know that there are Veteran's Boxers Assoc. out there but I do not know the Web sites, or emails. Please advise.

View more questions Search