Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    payrolldept Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2012, 06:28 AM
    Salary labor laws
    I work in payroll and we are given 80 hrs vacation and 40 hrs sick per year. I have many employees that miss a day work and because they have exceeded the number of hours they are required to work in the pay period they do not ever use their vac or personal time allotted them. The problem is at the end of the year an employee can only carry over 40 hrs from the previous year to the new year and I end up writing off anything over the 40.

Should they be entering the 8 hours on their timesheet as used instead of leaving this blank.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 1, 2012, 06:54 AM
    Yes, if they take off on Monday, they put 8 hours sick time on time sheet. So even if they still work 40 hours, they get paid for 48, using their sick day. The 8 hours sick time does not count toward over time, but they will get paid for it, if they use it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary labor laws [ 1 Answers ]

May an employer you have worked for 10 years, parttime 30 hours administrative, cut your pay in half and move you to another position? They hired 3 younger women to take my position, when I was off 3 months with a life threatening surgery earlier this year. They cut my hours in half when I returned...

Salary labor law violations [ 10 Answers ]

My husband works for a company that pays all employees salary. There are a lot of times that he works 50+ hrs a week as well as travelling for several days w/ no extra compensation. He is on-call 24-7 and is expected to be in office 'butt in seat' m-f 8-5 regardless of off hour activities. If he...

Salary Labor Law [ 7 Answers ]

I am a salary employee. It is set that I work 45 hours per week. My wage is figured on 8 hours of work with an hour paid break. I am an evening supervisor at a conveinence store in North Dakota. Am I entitled to some type of overtime pay for working more that 45 hours? For example by the end of...

Salary Labor Law [ 1 Answers ]

I am a salary employee. It is set that I work 45 hours per week. My wage is figured on 8 hours of work with an hour paid break per day. I am an evening supervisor at a conveinence store in North Dakota. Am I entitled to some type of overtime pay for working more that 45 hours? For example by the...

Salary Labor Laws [ 3 Answers ]

Im a maintenance manager Salary employee, I have been with my company 4 1/2 years. Ever since I worked for this company I have been on emergency stand by call 24 hours a day 365 days a week. Even when I am on vacation I answer emergency phone calls. My company cell phone has become a part of my...

View more questions Search